• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT & Refresh rates annoyance

Associate
Strange one this, few days ago i had a 6800 AGP in my system thats been @ 60hz all the time - now since i got the XT my refresh rates need to be at 75hz for the screen to be even readable.

Also everytime i switch a game off & go back to desktop the rate's reset itself back down to 70hz meaning i have to keep changing it back in ATI CC all the time. In CC it's set to tell games to use the same hz as the desktop but it just keeps budging!

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Associate
OP
Is there anyway of checking if i still have any Nvidia stuff on?

Did the drivercleaner pro > restart > ati drivers when i installed it.

also i just seen a load of "nvdmcpl" stuff in the registry - worth deleting?

Soldato
Hmmm.... I would go and do a driver cleaner again.

Did you uninstall nV drivers from Add/Remove programs > restart into safe mode > DC Pro 1.4 all nV > restart > install ATi? as that is the exact method to follow.

Not sure if it's worth deleting unless you know for sure that it is safe to do so - you don't want to kill windows for this little annoyance.

Soldato
Just to double check your set up right in CCC

Display Manager > Refresh Rate = 75 (or whatever you use)

Display Options > 3D Refresh Rate Overide = Same As Desktop

Associate
OP
Coolasmoo said:
Just to double check your set up right in CCC

Display Manager > Refresh Rate = 75 (or whatever you use)

Display Options > 3D Refresh Rate Overide = Same As Desktop

Yeah its setup exactly like that - even if i set the rate overide to 75hz it always goes back down to 70hz out of a game.

Also i just noticed in display settings it only shows 60hz/70hz & not 75hz (whereas with the 6800 it showed 60/70/72). Its not because it doesnt show it in there is it ?

Associate
OP
harris1986 said:
hmm although you shouldn't have to have you tried using a programme such as Re-Force?

Brilliant, thats fixed it!

Got a Phillips 20" WS coming in a few days aswell, if its still not fixed il do a reformat just to make sure aswell.

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom