Monitor showing wrong colours

Soldato
Hi there,

I recently purchased an Acer AL1916 and its fine, just this morning I have come on and everything seems to have a yellow tinge to it. I cant access the menu with the buttons on the screen, the only way at the moment the colours look alright are if I look from above the monitor.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can change colour settings on the computer to try and resolve the problem?

Cheers.

Associate
It might be just the colour temperature that has changed for some reason to "Warm" this will give a yellow effect to the screen. Do you mean that the buttons will not bring up a menu so that you can adjust the display?

If they have been working then try switching off your machine and the monitor as well, use the "Off" button on the monitor, leave for a couple of minutes then reboot the machine and turn the monitor back on again, it might just free it up.

Do you have drivers for the monitor? reinstall these even though they are just .ini files. Also can you adjust the monitor from software settings? I have the choice of using the buttons on the front of my monitor or clicking on an Icon and adjusting by using the mouse to go through the same menu.

Soldato
OP
I have tried just turning the monitor off and back on again but that hasnt worked, I will shut the system down too later on, bit busy right now.

Yes none of the front panel buttons work at all, usually you get the settings and config stuff on the screen, I get nothing at all now.

I have noticed now that the yellow effect is more noticeable at the top, the colours 3/4 the way down are fine. They are qite a strong yellow/green colour at the top.

I will report back with the results of the compete shutdown :)

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Well it seems to have done the trick, everything is back in working order, the menu's are back and everything. Dont know what I did to mess it up but hey, all is good now :)

Cheers for the help.

Back
Top Bottom