Will it all fit?

Associate
Hi all. New to the forums but been reading them for some time now and hoping I can get some help too :)

I've just sold my flat and can finally afford my dream rig. Yay! The only question is will it all fit in the case I've chosen? I'm hoping someone with a similar setup can verify this and maybe give me some pointers on any pitfalls to avoid along the way.

I've decided on a V1000+ with either a crossfire or sli setup, depending on whether the new 7900s can beat the X1900s when they come out, and am planning to watercool the whole lot (that's cpu + 2x gpu's) with Swiftech Apex Ultra kit and a couple of gpu blocks; either swiftech or DD.

I'm wondering about placement of the dual 120mm rad and also the pump.

I'm going to put two of the new raptors in it, so I guess I can remove the second hd cage for space for the pump and was thinking of either mounting the rad on top of the case or behind it, though I don't think there's any room back there to use the included radbox so I'm guessing i'd have to make some kind of radbox of my own to fit it on the back. Anyone done something silmilar?

Also, does anyone know whether the FSP 700W psu will fit ok in the V1000+?

Associate
700W PSU? yikes, if your going to go for big power get a Seasonic 600W, 700W is way over the top, unless you plan on running like 3 pumps for your watercooling rig! I may change my opinion if you give me some more info, i.e are you going to be overclocking ,what CPU are you going to be using? Any PCI devices besides the GFX card?

the Radiator may well fit in the case (sorry if posting this link is wrong, it just could be helpful to them!?)
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=108163

again, sorry if i'm wrogn for posting the link, bit of a noob

Last edited:
Soldato
To the link, that is fine mate as it is not a competitor to OcUK and it is not directly promoting one.

Ok well let me post a dimensions link up!

If you need anymore, just post here and I will get the tape measure, and if your still unsure I will find a comparable box to place in the case!

And in general it can be done, however depending on the exact dimensions unless you want to mod the case a bit, you will have to use a 5" to 3" bay convertor / hdd caddy to fit your hard drives.

size.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies :)

Brightside: full spec will be FX60 with either Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe or DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT, twin gpus (either X1900s or 7900s), Swiftech/DD watercooling on cpu + both gpus, Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Redline Extreme, 2x WD 150GB Raptors (raid 0), NEC ND4551 DVD±RW, Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty, an lcd - probably Dell 2405FPW but not quite decided on that yet, and finally a rheobus or display.. maybe a matrix orbital or something like that. And yes, of course I plan to overclock :D
EDIT: almost forgot; pci wireless card too.

Figured I'd probably be better off with a 700w unit if I'm going to go sli/crossfire, and noticed OcUK use the same model in their top-of-the-line machine too. Saw a psu roundup back in december and I think they had a pre-production fsp included in the list which did pretty well. Not sure if it's the same one, but will get a mate to test the rails when i get it to see how stable they are anyway.

Great linkage by the way :)

Yewen: Thanks for the dims! I take it your comment about using a HDD converter means you were thinking to put the rad in the bottom of the case where the drive cages currently are? My plan was actually to use the first cage behind the fan for the raptors and take the other cage out to put the pump there (looks like the pump will fit a 90mm cubed space). According to Swiftech the rad is 284.5mm so if I were to put it in the bottom of the case I'd have to lose the lower front fan to fit it in. Think i'd rather either mod the top or back of the case.

Just wondering whether the extended version of the V1000, or even perhaps a V2000 would suit my needs better... But then I'd need to make my own window too and this being my first mod and all, I'm not too sure I want to go with that much butchery hehe

Last edited:
Soldato
The v2000 gives the same amount of space down the bottom only it is higher, if that makes sense.

The v1200 is the best bet for more room, as its a much longer case.

However the v1000+ is surprisingly spacious when you have it in your hands, if you draw out the dimensions I have there on paper you will be quite surprised by the size!

If you want more dimensions let me know, I can do the whole case if I have to! (Although im using a 30cm ruler so may not be 100% acurate but it gives you a idea)

Soldato
Have a look for pictures of the Koolance PC3-725 for an idea about fitting rads to the Lian-Li V1x00 series case.

There's tons of room in there and positioning the rads in the top means the thermal loading is optimised towards the top of the case. You do need a PSU with good long leads (I would recommend the Akasa series) as the distance between where the PSU and the motherboard connectors is quite long, especially if you want to hide them away.

Associate
OP
Yeah that makes sense. I just had a look at a side shot of the V2000 on the mfr's website and the extra 10cm depth seems to all be on the psu side.

LOL no need to do the whole lot but thanks for the offer anyway! Much appreciated. Think I'm pretty much decided to stick with the V1000 - i just like the overall proportions and shape - and I'll decide whether to put the rad on top or out back (probably on stilts, replacing swiftechs included radbox) once i've got it in my hands.

Thanks again :)

Associate
OP
WJA96 said:
Have a look for pictures of the Koolance PC3-725 for an idea about fitting rads to the Lian-Li V1x00 series case.

There's tons of room in there and positioning the rads in the top means the thermal loading is optimised towards the top of the case. You do need a PSU with good long leads (I would recommend the Akasa series) as the distance between where the PSU and the motherboard connectors is quite long, especially if you want to hide them away.

Have seen them. That's what made me think of putting it on/in the top. Looks absolutely gorgeous with their setup and the way they've done it. Not sure I could get the same quality of finish though... which is why I'm also considering mounting it at the rear :D

Thanks for the advice on the psu. The 650W Akasa was actually what I was considering until I noticed the FSP was available. I had read that the Akasa's "ultra quiet" description was a bit optimistic. That's not to say the fsp will be any better, but it is more powerful and with CF X1900's pulling over 300W at load... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom