Need help on Sonic3 Megadrive

Soldato
im really stuck on the Carnival Night zone, theres this one part i get to and all there is, is a spinning cylinder you can jump on... and thats it (il get a pic of the part. im not sure if this is a common place to get stuck..

please.. someone must be able to help me :(

imag00304yp.jpg

imag00311dm.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Oooo sounds familiar :D

Think I was stuck on the same part for ages when it came out, almost gave up because I thought it was a bug.

Is it one of those cyclinders that move when you press Up/Down in a certain rhythm?

Associate
You need to hold up and down to get the cylinder thing to move up and down do it enough and ull be able to jump up (or down) to a platform that the cylinder helps you reach.

[EDIT] Just to be more clear the cylinder acts like a type of swing so hold down when the cylinder moves down and up when the cylinder moves up to get it "swinging" faster

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah i remember this you need to jump up and down then press the other direction to make the tube move

Example jump when you land press down when you go up press up etc i am sure its somthing like that

Soldato
OP
The Mad One said:
np :)

Ah the memories! You've got me interested now! might even play through it myself.
i just picked up a Megadrive with Sonic1 a week or so ago and bought Sonic 2 and 3 :D just gotta get Sonic & Knuckles now. nothing like some proper old skool :)

Soldato
I sem to rem thay called it a static bubble or something stupid.

Ya know back in 95 or whenever it was they released sonic 3 I rem getting stuck at the exact same bit. Does the save game bit work on your cart still? Mine bust ages ago.

Soldato
OP
JaFFa said:
I sem to rem thay called it a static bubble or something stupid.

Ya know back in 95 or whenever it was they released sonic 3 I rem getting stuck at the exact same bit. Does the save game bit work on your cart still? Mine bust ages ago.
yeah it does, i bought it mint cond yestarday :)

cheers for the bubble info guys. ive tried it and im getting its use into my playing. just got to Launch Base Act2 and died with no continues. so having a break till later :)

ooo and one more thing, which was out first? Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles?

cheers

Soldato
Fusion said:
Ahh, I remember once getting stuck on exactly the same bit, many years ago. My mum of all people sussed out how to do it :/

OK why are moms SO GOOD at gaming? My mom completed all the sonics (from the master system up) and numerous games on my ps2 (monkey island//spongebob)
I mean, she had done monkey island for the ps2 before new year and I only got it on the christmas..

Go moms!

Soldato
Psypher5 said:
OK why are moms SO GOOD at gaming? My mom completed all the sonics (from the master system up) and numerous games on my ps2 (monkey island//spongebob)
I mean, she had done monkey island for the ps2 before new year and I only got it on the christmas..

Go moms!

heh, my mums a tomb raider addict, she wants me to buy her a 360 for the next 1 :p

Soldato
sonic and knuckles is pretty pricey due to its cardboard box. that thing was so rippable. Every way you pulled it something ripped.

Back
Top Bottom