Latest pics of MB's cellar AV room

Soldato
Thought I would post a quick up date as I had the camera out

13tb.jpg

25dv.jpg

Thats an M&K MX 150THX under the centre, my new toy :)

200C Centre
103/4 stereo pair
Q30 rears
Denon 2805
Audiolab 8000A
Rega Planet CD
Pio 575A DVD

MB

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Picking up an Alphason hifi unit tomorrow and its about time too, my stuff need a good tidy up. Might even get around to soldering some more cables to I can plug the stereo pair into the wall rather than have those trailing wires :)

MB

Permabanned
Matblack said:
, my stuff need a good tidy up. Might even get around to soldering some more cables to I can plug the stereo pair into the wall rather than have those trailing wires :)

MB

too tempting though isn't it, I'm running the wiring roughly on mine at the mo (projector comes next week) & I just know it will be a long time before its done properly...

Soldato
OP
mcmad said:
too tempting though isn't it, I'm running the wiring roughly on mine at the mo (projector comes next week) & I just know it will be a long time before its done properly...

The sockets are all there run in behind the false walls I only need to make up jumper cables from the AV Amp to the patch panel behind the amp 2x 1m, I just can't be bothered, I'd rather listen to music or watch a movie :D

MB

Permabanned
Matblack said:
The sockets are all there run in behind the false walls I only need to make up jumper cables from the AV Amp to the patch panel behind the amp 2x 1m, I just can't be bothered,
MB

meh..

who can be arsed, watch a movie instead

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Did you feel the sub was better central again, or did you feel that "wife" factor influencing the placement again? :p

I wonder, are those columns strong enough to support a thin(ish) marble plinth to hold the centre? Decoupling it from the sub ought to tighten things up a bit?

Soldato
OP
DRZ said:
Did you feel the sub was better central again, or did you feel that "wife" factor influencing the placement again? :p

I wonder, are those columns strong enough to support a thin(ish) marble plinth to hold the centre? Decoupling it from the sub ought to tighten things up a bit?

Its actually totally out of the alcove now and further toward the centre of the room and listening to Finding Nemo earlier I'm suprised I didn't get lynched by the neighbours. One of H's friends bough her 2 year old over and she jumped right out of her seat at one point :D

I'm thinking that some sorbathane feet might be the order of the day for under the centre. I've been offer some from Mattym over on AVF for a free trial :)

MB

Soldato
OP
Goatboy said:
What's the situation with the front speakers? are they wired to the stereo amp and the av amp?

Front speakers are fed by the stereo amp only which takes the preouts from the AV amp, the input from the CD player and the input from the turntable. So I have isolated the stereo equipment whilst getting the benifit of power amping the AV outout :)

MB

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It ocurred to me after I wrote that you probably had pre-outs on the av amp, unfortunately mine doesn't.

No noticable difference in sound with two different amps powering the speakers then? I take it you have to set two volume controls too?

Soldato
OP
Goatboy said:
It ocurred to me after I wrote that you probably had pre-outs on the av amp, unfortunately mine doesn't.

No noticable difference in sound with two different amps powering the speakers then? I take it you have to set two volume controls too?

Audiolab gets set to 12 o'clock and then compensated for on the AV amp, not that it needs it, works a treat :)

MB

Soldato
OP
Took me about an hour and a half to rewire everthing and the back of the shelves still looks like an explosion in a spagetti factory :D

Not looking forward to when I finally get around to putting the skirting on and I have to lift everything out again for another rewire :(

MB

Soldato
That's extremely similar to the layout in my room. Iv'e got two mission m71i's on stands with the 12" LA sub in the middle and the center sitting on the sub. The bottom end when your sitting at the back of the room is incredible:cool:

Back
Top Bottom