Ford KA - Girlie Car?

Associate
No offence to any of the girlies on here lol ;)

In a years time I can buy my first motor :p and I wasn't sure about the KA. I like it, but just about all the owners seem to be female? I can do without ridicule of that, if it is in fact a girls car. Verdict? ;)

TIA

EDIT - Also liking the Daewoo Matiz - lotsa MPG! And 5 Doors, for £2994

Soldato
cam3_5_1.jpg

Mic

Mic

Soldato
ste_bla said:
Ka is for;

1) Girls
2) Gilly
3) Courtesy cars
Pretty much, I knew a guy on msn that shelled out for a street ka, he seemed pretty happy with it. Havent talked to him for ages though.

Soldato
The KA is quite possibly the only decent cheap as chips car you can buy that actually is "cheap as chips"

They cost nothing to buy, nothing to run, they dont break down, parts are stupidly cheap, they handle well enough to bring out the idiot in you, as well as being cheap enough for you not to care.

But then MY idea of what a car is for, and others in the forum, is different.

Soldato
Dan G said:
EDIT - Also liking the Daewoo Matiz - lotsa MPG! And 5 Doors, for £2994

If thats how much you want to spend, you can get a lot better for the money.

BUT, if you do want a Ka irrespective of any (better) alternatives (you just like/want one), then atpbx is right. They're really cheap to run and fix etc, I'd just look for something <£2000

Man of Honour
Wait 6-9 months then start thinking.

Planning a car purchase a year in advance is largely pointless as the market changes. Start thinking about what you might want 4-6 months before you've got the cash, and start to thinking more seriously after that :)

Associate
OP
Start thinking about what you might want 4-6 months before you've got the cash, and start to thinking more seriously after that

Thats probably the best advice so far - what else could I expect from someone who drives such a respectable motor? :p

I was banking on getting something around 5 years old, I can afford around a 2k car, 1k insurance, tax and lessons / test and still have enough left over to repair my car... Roll on next February!

Associate
I used to have one and im not homogay or a girl!
In fairness i didnt choose to get it, my sister gave it me when my 106 died.

But they are good little cars, they arnt too slow and you can get the back end out very easily.

Soldato
Wait until closer to the time and then look at what ticks all the boxes. For the record though it is definitely a girls car....... or a gay hairdressers car ;)

Back
Top Bottom