• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800gt OC question

Associate
7800gt OC problem

Hi,

I overclocked my gigabyte 7800GT to run 3dmark 05 running core clock speed of 475mhz and mem @ 1175mhz and the demo performed smoothly.

I then tried to play GTL at the same speeds and it causes problems with the scenary breaking up and jittering every few seconds. I even tried a milder overclock but the problem still occured until I put back to stock.

I'm gonna try HL2 quickly to see what happens with that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just tried FEAR and the problem is similar to GTL. Textures breaking and flickering on characters, walls etc.

I'm sticking with stock unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Man of Honour
475/1175 should'nt be a problem. My pair goes up to 502/1.24 with no problems at all. I know they are BFG O/C's but they have the same gpu and are just clocked higher out of the box.

By GTL i presume you mean GT Legends. If so then maybe it is like GTR and does'nt like overclocked pc's. I have had a nightmare with GTR because i was overclocked and had to drop everything back to stock. Don't know about FEAR though.

Associate
OP
Yes, its GT Legends. I can keep the mem speed higher (1175mhz -1.2g) but core needs to be lowered (440) before I clear all artifacts etc in gtl.

I run @ 1280x1024 and max everything. Most of the time GTL plays smooth at standard but oc'd the game does seem even more realistic with the extra fps it gives.

Last edited:
Soldato
pastymuncher said:
475/1175 should'nt be a problem. My pair goes up to 502/1.24 with no problems at all. I know they are BFG O/C's but they have the same gpu and are just clocked higher out of the box.

By GTL i presume you mean GT Legends. If so then maybe it is like GTR and does'nt like overclocked pc's. I have had a nightmare with GTR because i was overclocked and had to drop everything back to stock. Don't know about FEAR though.

You can't generalise though, some dont do 450MHz core, all cards are different.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is Atitools something that can be used with nvidia stuff(scratches head)? If its fine for testing out my card do you have a link for it?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom