Mitsi Evo 8

Soldato
Discovered that for what I will pay for an Evo6 in Cyprus I can get a pretty nice Evo8 in the uk, run it for 6 months in the UK (wife driving it) and then import it to Cyprus free of all duty...

This is the car I have found that looks about right for my needs, any comments?

Gonna be a pig to insure as its Uxbridge, ungaraged, wife with 0 no claims and a claim this year, her fault, but it will still work out cheaper than trying to get a decent one in Cyprus I think...

:cool:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
That's "only" the Evo 260, down in power from the "normal" evos and has a few less bits on it (5 instead of 6 speed box, no large spoiler etc).

Soldato
Not a bad car :D

Pretty pants as a daily driver though - no creature comforts : if your not gunna get any track time in its best just going for a scooby or something, it will be slower round a track but easier to live with day to day.

The Air Con is pants on them, took mine back to the dealership 3 times thinking it didnt work properly. they said it was fine and they are all like that - its true :D it Hardly does anything lol

Its missing a gear and a few horses though, id look for atleast an FQ300. It also doesnt have the carbon fibre of better models (it sold new for less than £20k)

Dont need me to tell you its a hoot to drive though, i dont think anyone will ever disagree :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Link won't work for me now but from looking at the pictures it looked like the 260 with the small spoiler, the 260 also does have those wheels.

If it's a full fat 8 then yeah it isn't too bad :)

Soldato
OP
Ev0 said:
Link won't work for me now but from looking at the pictures it looked like the 260 with the small spoiler, the 260 also does have those wheels.

If it's a full fat 8 then yeah it isn't too bad :)

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VIII GSR (Evo 8) No. 0559 , 4 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Saloon, 2004 04 Reg , 31,000 miles, Black With Black Alcantara Recaro High Back Seats With Blue Cloth Inserts. Clear Lenses, Front Fog Lights, Full Main Dealer Service History, Rear Spoiler, Remote Central Locking, ABS, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Dual Airbags, Sports Suspension, Factory Alarm, Factory Immobiliser, Rear Head Rests, Air conditioning, Front armrest. Three Spoke Momo Leather Steering Wheel, Tracker, Smart Nav, Kenwood CD Player, Water Spray, ACD, Brembo Brakes, 17" Enkei Six Spoke Alloy Wheels, Immaculate One Owner UK Supplied Example, Balance Of Manufactures Warranty, Full Dealer Facilities, £14,995

Thats what the ad from the dealer says, but the spoiler is suspect I agree...

:(

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
great advice said:
The Evo 6 was sold as a GSR. im sure it was!

Yup it was, but I'm talking about the Evo 8 in the ad :)

I could well be wrong, but by the price and the pictures it does look like a 260, same wheels (although these could be the same on all of them that age for all I know!) and spoiler.

Still a nice car though, I'd love one.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ev0 said:
Plus they didn't call it a GSR in the uk, they were MRXXX etc at that time, I thought?

The MR was the model that followed the GSR... The GSR only came in late 2003, then 2004 introduced the MR and Evo 8 260..

3.1buyersguide said:
The outboard faces of the rear-deck spoiler plates use a dark grey
finish close to the colour of the carbon wing, replacing the body colourkeyed
treatment on Evolution VIII.

That was the spoiler change from the Evo 8 GSR to the MR... so summat is amiss

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
The 260 isnt a MR version as far as i am aware,no alloy roof,billies,mr cams or mr engine, its also 70kg heavier than the mr version.

rev limit with clutch depressed as welll which gives it bit of a slow 0-60 :)

Permabanned
Agree, that spoiler is not right. The smaller rear spoilers were applied to the lesser spec Evos, so you may need to clarify what exactly is going on here!

Back
Top Bottom