Mates ex

Man of Honour
ok... so i'm getting along rather well with a mates ex and i'm beginning to wonder what "the rules" are like on this....

They split up about a 6 months ago and hes got a gf, and has naffed off to Auz to see her for a couple of months.

I can see this getting really akward, but equally i'm pretty interested in her and we get along way too well. Hes moved on so why shouldn't she....

so OCUK - what do you think?

Soldato
He didn't want her, so why shouldn't you get in there.

Ok fair enough, he might have a problem with it... but if he's a good mate he'll understand.

Permabanned
I think you should just make sure he's OK with it first. It depends on a lot of stuff though, like why/how they broke up. If it was a amicable split, then I can't see why he'd have a problem with it, especially if he's got a new girlfriend.

Soldato
Hehe, My friend did this to me. I then decided to take revenge and get with he's extremely nice ex :)

I didn't like it at all though, not what you do to friends.

Hitman
Permabanned
I really don't see how it is any of his business. You are both adults and single, why should the fact that she was with your friend before affect anything? If he was a real friend, he'd be more interested in the fact you are happy and that you get on well than claiming her as "his property" for no-one else he knows to touch. To be honest, I think it's a rather childish idea that you can't be with someone because of your friends. Follow your heart.

Soldato
SherberT* said:
Hehe, My friend did this to me. I then decided to take revenge and get with he's extremely nice ex :)

I didn't like it at all though, not what you do to friends.

That just shows that you were jealous of your friend for getting with your ex.

Can I ask, who ended it? You or your ex?

:)

Associate
agw_01 said:
Ok fair enough, he might have a problem with it... but if he's a good mate he'll understand.

If only it worked like this!

If you do it dont expect your relationship with your friend to be as good as before.

The question is which do you value most :)

Soldato
agw_01 said:
That just shows that you were jealous of your friend for getting with your ex.

Can I ask, who ended it? You or your ex?

:)

I was annoyed at him of course, She ended it with both me and him :)

Also hes ex was the one who came onto me first.

Soldato
Ohhh, double whammy then :) Can't complain about that. Ends with one girl, gets another coming onto you. Wish I had that much luck.

Malc and MrLOL, good points there. Yeah, it can't do much harm to ask him first... although that may be a little hard providing he's in Auz.

Perhaps fool around with her *no strings attatched* until he comes back.

Don
DannyDan said:
IMO...

If she ended the relationship with your mate, it's not on.

If your mate ended it, it's OK.

that would generally be reasonable but the truth can often be different to what you think it is

Back
Top Bottom