DELETED_5350

Man of Honour
smoove said:
I like games with lots of depth, I've tried Eve, but the steep learning curve put me off.

Then you could have a problem :) By definition, most games with a lot of depth consequently also have a steep learning curve, simply because there is so much to learn when you are starting from scratch.

On the single player front, Morrowind has incredible depth, you could easily lose yourself for months in that (by which time the sequel will be available).

Soldato
Graphically wow looks nicer in motion. Yes they on the cartoony side but works well with the feel of the thing. I been at it over a year now (US final beta onwards) and still finding it enjoyable - not much else I play :)

Man of Honour
I would say RF online for a demanding game, but not "Deep". There is next to no story and the RP elemtn is non existent. The whole thing is based around grinding a lot and PvPing a lot. If you have this much time to put in then it will certainly be enjoyable. Have a read of the thread and see what you think.

:edit: Then again this might be the sort of "Depth" you mean.

Last edited:
Associate
World of Warcraft.

5million subscribers and growing. The biggest MMPORG game to date. I used to share my gaming time between WC3, CS, TFC, BF1942 (DC), Q3. Since WoW's release i havent touched another game for more than 2 hours. FOR THE HORDE!!!

RF Online: I have this game and have played it for a while and im still trying to get into it. It seems an ok MMPORG but just not the depth of WoW imo. Just not the buzz i got from the first time playing wow for me.

I used to play Eveonline too, didnt have what i was looking for though i had a nice titan class 2 battleship (the mutts nutts back then) I was a pirate too :D

Soldato
The depth in Eve comes from other players. The galaxy is completely player run. Get into a decent player corp, get involved in a few corp wars, and the game will start to open up for you. Spend you time solo mining and doing missions and you'll go out of your mind with boredom - it's totally not a solo game.

Alternatively try EQ2 if you don't like the look of WoW.

Associate
dont get me wrong eve was ok, and i did play with a big battleship building corp (we had an orignal blue print) , but it just wasnt as fun as holding a fleet of 6 ships ransom and podding them when they didnt pay.

i found wow more immersive and a lot more open ended.

Back
Top Bottom