Mates ex

Soldato
if the friend is too immature to accept it, then he doesn't deserve your respect imo, i see no reason why a friend should stop you from asking her out etc.

I've had it happen, when my gf and I split she confided she liked said friend (it was her friend mainly) she told me they weren't going to get together due to me, but I told them to stop being such daft numpties and that I was fine with it, dunno why people would have a problem with it :confused:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Or how about telling your friend you're interested but want to respect his feelings but making it clear that he doesn't control her anymore?

Soldato
Been there, done that. It wasn't easy telling Dave that I was with Emma but as he pointed out, their relationship was over so he had no right to feel jealous/angry/etc.

Anyway, this is a lot easier than telling a mate you're shagging his siser.. that really didn't go down too well.

Soldato
Been there and done that and got the t-shirt.

I even ended up marrying her!!!!!.

When my mate said to me 'You'll have your hands full there, she is mad!' I Should have listened to him, as now im divorced, and he was right 'She was mad'!.

Live and learn....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Its all about respect. The guys asking what it has to do with him don't seem to have that for their mates, but are questioning the maturity of a mate that might have a problem with it? Madness.

Ask him what he thinks. Before anything happens. Its the only way to go. If email is too impersonal ask him for a number out there and talk to him over the phone.

Soldato
i wouldnt dare unless they ok'd it first. Most of the time they wouldnt want anything to do with their ex's, and you getting it on with their ex wont exactly help them move on will it?

See, people these days will place their own manhood above friendship. thats is just weak.

Caporegime
Been there, done that and it ruined a perfectly good friendship! Sure I got two years with the lady in question, and they were two fantastic years, but then what? It ended, and I had neither a good friend nor a partner. NOT GOOD!

Soldato
Yeah, I wouldn't want my mate to be dating my ex (well unless it was a week long thing or whatever), so like the others said, talk to him first.

Soldato
I would definitely talk to him about it first. Thats the one bit of advice I agree with.

Each situation is different..by the sounds of it he should be fine though.

Associate
No way. Stay away from her. I had a bunch of mates from school been friends for years. One got with the others ex and they haven't spoken since and neither are still with the girl.

Associate
Rotty said:
if he's a good mate then you should do nothing unless he is ok with it

Agree with that, even though they aren't togather if she ended it he may still have feelings for her.

Also depending on how it ended (mutual, bitter) they may not want to see each other

Back
Top Bottom