• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Query for mate

Associate
I have an X850 XT and I have managed to get quite a good overclock out of it.
I ran the ATI Overdrive utility and this gave slightly higher maximum overclocks for memory and core but after trying them out, they sometimes caused my PC to freeze so I now run the core and memory at the speeds displayed in my signature which are slightly lower but they are stable overclocking speeds now.

Man of Honour
Are you talking PCI-E or AGP? The X850XT is a great card if you get it for £150, you could also look at the 6800gs for about the same cash, it has 12 pipelines rather than 16 but will probably overclock better and has SM3 support. Another option if PCI-E is to get the X800 GTO16 for ~£130 and overclock it, it is slightly slower than the X850XT but can be overclocked although the memory or heatsinks etc may be of slightly lower quality.

Back
Top Bottom