• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Low performance?

Associate
I upgraded my GC about a month ago and I dont think im getting the improvement I should be getting.

128mb 4800SE -> 256mb 6600GT.

Obviously BF2 runs with the new card and it seems to run really good. But on games such as Enemy Territory there doesnt seem to be that much improvement. Im downloading 3dmark05 now so what scores should II be expected with my system?

See sig + xFx 256Mb 6600GT

Thx

Soldato
Enemy Territory is DX7 game, hence the 4800SE is really still good with it. If you play older games, you wont see much difference in performance with newer cards.

Soldato
As ET is an older game I wouldn't expect to see a massive leap in performance between the two cards, as the 4800 was probably giving as much as the 2.4 was going to allow it to give performance wise. However the 4800SE would have been choking on BF2's graphical demands and the 6600GT would have given a performance boost, but only up to what the 2.4 wants to give.

Associate
OP
BF2 wasnt compatible with the 4800. I havnt tried the new card with games like doom etc. Bf2 runs quite good on high settings so I was pleased.

Just a bit concerned as I ran 3Dmark05 without changing any settings and at times it seemed like the average was around 15fps.

Caporegime
yea, cos what u have effectively done is buy, a Mid range performance part from a generation or two ago. since that cards release (as a budget performer) a bbrand new generation has been released. and the generation after that is about to b e released..)

hoping that it s going to blitz a 05 3dmark benchmark designed to bring down the top of the range gfx cards to their knees is a bit hopeful. its unfortunately, but the 6600gt is ... really ... low end now for gaming and enthousiasts

Soldato
JonD said:
Just a bit concerned as I ran 3Dmark05 without changing any settings and at times it seemed like the average was around 15fps.

In most of the game tests in 3D Mark 05 I usually only get around the 30FPS mark...

Back
Top Bottom