Do we want to beat the Germans or what????

Man of Honour
PiQ Software said:
This morning the OS hard drive in the main TKC web site server failed. Currently the server is completely offline, and will require a complete operating system rebuild before the site is available again.

The good news is that our database backups account for all but about 15 hours worth of submissions data. It is possible (but not certain) that we will be able to recover all of the data and restore everything to its state as of the time of the crash.

Unfortunately, the TKC budget is currently empty. Replacing the hard drive in the server will require time and money that are not available. If you would like to help accelerate this process, we gladly appreciate your generous donations.

Donate here to the TKC Server Hard Drive fund.

In the event that the data is not recoverable, or if we are unable to fund the replacement drive in a timely manner, the TKC service will remain offline until the TKC2.0 beta program starts.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm guessing we've got to wait till TKC2.0 then? Looking at the site it's all geared towards the arrival of 2.0 now :/

Soldato
sparemips said:
hmmm i found a slight flaw with it (and probably the reason that the longest attempt over the last week was pretty much 7 days), if you left-click to hold the button and then right-click it holds the button for you as long as you're on that screen

at least that's in firefox - may not be the same in all browsers

Soldato
Nice trick. Works with me on firefox aswell. Will have to stay on that screen for like a week, without doing nowt on your pc. Who ever did the longest time looks to not have anything else better to do with thier time lol...

Associate
From http://keycount.piqsoftware.com/

3/7/2006
What's Going On Here?
After the recent hard drive failure, we've taken a careful look at the state of the TKC2.0 update project, and decided that the best course of action is to keep the service offline until the TKC2.0 release is ready.

Should I Just Stop Using 1.61 Then?
Definitely not! Your stats can still be collected and shown when the TKC2.0 relaunch happens. See below for more details...........

more info on the page linked.

Soldato
What Happens to All The Stats?
Since the service is basically being recreated, we will be using a totally new user and stat database. This means you will need to sign up for a TKC2.0 account to keep using TKC once the service relaunches.

However, we will be keeping all of the old TKC data in a special "archive" mode for posterity. In the interests of fairness, these old stats will not be included in your TKC2.0 stat totals. There will be a feature to let you show off your old stats in your TKC2.0 account, though.

If I've read this correctly, any kliks (TM...) that we're currently doing ultimately won't count towards our TKC2.0 account then... and everything's being reset... hmmm, interesting...

...means we can aim towards claiming the #1 spot straight away in TKC2.0 without having to play catch-up again once it's up and running :D

Soldato
I hope that version 2.0 can come out pretty soon. Im ready to go...

I think it being a fresh start, gives us a chance to get to the top spot or there abouts anyways. We just need to keep an eye on it, when it comes out and get as many forum members as possible to install it. I think we could have a chance anyways...

Still using the current version, using it for the last week or so. 132K keystrokes upto now.

Soldato
TheTross said:
If I've read this correctly, any kliks (TM...) that we're currently doing ultimately won't count towards our TKC2.0 account then... and everything's being reset... hmmm, interesting...

...means we can aim towards claiming the #1 spot straight away in TKC2.0 without having to play catch-up again once it's up and running :D

Not quite:

Should I Just Stop Using 1.61 Then?
Definitely not! Your stats can still be collected and shown when the TKC2.0 relaunch happens. See below for more details.

As far as I can tell, anything pre-crash is gone but anything you've got stored now, post-crash, is fair game and counts towards your 2.0 total.

Back
Top Bottom