• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

146 on DFi + Vapor Chill

Associate
Hi guys anyone tried this yet just woundering what sort of clock's i could get with this sys.

I wanna upgrade to a DFi expert mobo and also the gainwood goes like hell gfx card 2 Gig of Mushkin xp4000 so the buget is a little tight so was lookin at the 146 as i have seen some mad clock's have seen 3813 out of this i know this aint poss with vapor chill but woundered if 3 or 3.1 would be poss. All advise would be appericated

Thanx John

Associate
I'm also interested to learn what sort of clocks you can get with this setup - still looking for a 2nd hand phase change unit or sorting out a water cooling solution. Looks like I'll have to stump up for a DFI Expert board too judging from the reviews in various mags/web sites.

This hobby is never cheap *sigh* :)

Associate
I got 3.27Ghz out of my 146 under my MAch II, only got the Mach II on the weekenbd tho and have'nt had chance to have a proper play, more could be possible

Caporegime
You should be able to get close to 3GHz with that setup but don't be surprised if you need a high core voltage (which can lead to premature CPU failure due to electro-migration).

Oh and its VAPOCHILL.

Soldato
paradigm said:
You should be able to get close to 3GHz with that setup but don't be surprised if you need a high core voltage (which can lead to premature CPU failure due to electro-migration).

Oh and its VAPOCHILL.

I'm over 3Ghz on water with 1.65v (3Ghz only needs 1.55v), and I know Tom (welshtom) got 3.2Ghz with an Opty 146 on phase, maybe more?

Don
sepulchre said:
Faked! I've not seen a 146 with a 12x multi :D

I've seen a 148 with a 13x multi :p .

Opteron's can be hit and miss when it comes to being cold bugged. I had a 144 that just couldn't handle the cold, then a 148 that hit about 3.3GHz and was happy as larry on phase.

You've obviosuly got to use a MB that can hit high FSBs as well though.

Jokester

Don
sepulchre said:
Actually Jokester, didnt you manage something similar by swapping chips about?
148x13-2.JPG

Yep, this is it here, could have done with that happening to my 165 to be honest.

Jokester

Edit:- It was fully unlocked until I reset the BIOS

Back
Top Bottom