Immense music video

Associate
I was at a friends house last night watching my copies of the director label DVD's when he mentioned a music video he downloaded the other day.

It sounds a lot like Aphex twin (could be actually) and the video is of a CG generated shape in the center of the screen changing in time with the music.

I was really drunk and can't for the life of me, remember who did it.

any ideas or links?

I know it was on the sputnik7 site

Permabanned
Second Bad Vibel, actually - a white automaton changing shape?

Directed by Chris Cunningham. Both him and the band hate it.

CBS - buy the Chris Cunningham "The Work of Director..." DVD.

I can also heartily recommend the Michel Gandry and Mark Romanek ones.

Not got the Anton Corbijn or Spike Jonze ones....but I'm not a huge fan of Jonze anyway...

*n

Associate
I'm sorry about this and I understand each unto their own and all but how can anyone stand listening to that as "music".

I see myself as fairly open minded when it comes to music but that was terrible and yes I did listen to it all before someone says anything about that. I dunno, I just cannot understand how people could actually listen to that.

Soldato
Zero5 said:
I'm sorry about this and I understand each unto their own and all but how can anyone stand listening to that as "music".

I see myself as fairly open minded when it comes to music but that was terrible and yes I did listen to it all before someone says anything about that. I dunno, I just cannot understand how people could actually listen to that.
I think it's just simply down to taste.

That track certainly isn't the most melodious of music, but for me it's the intense complexity of the sound that appeals. The mistake is to only listen to the elements it's constructed with - the random clicks, beeps and white noise and the stuttering beats. There's a slow head-nodding groove running along with a very simple melody if you listen to it from a very general viewpoint, but it's constructed from the most random sounds and non-musical components. It does admittedly get a little more freeform towards the end.

A little like a good painting. There's aesthetic value in the overall piece, but when you look at it closer it reveals so much more to you (e.g. about its construction and form) than you originally anticipated. Before anyone starts, I'm not comparing Autechre to Rembrandt, just the principle ;).

Back
Top Bottom