Silverstone Temjin TJ06 vs P180? Help please

Associate
Hi there I am in the final throws of deciding which case to get. Its a close call between these two.

I am a little concerned that the windtunnel of the TJ06 will leave the graphics card running hot (Its a GTO, which is inherently hot to start with). Although I will be purchasing an Arctic cooler to help with this.

Has anyone got first hand experience of these cases?

I would like to achieve a stable cool workstation with a minimal amount of noise hence liking the P180. But I also like the doorless look of the Silverstone. AAARG I hate choices...

Help me make up my mind, thanks :)

Soldato
Well the P180 internally and noise wise seems to tick the boxes for you, yet you prefer the looks of the Silverstone.

You need to work out how important looks are to you.

Permabanned
The silverstone is a BIG case and it has a weird cooling solution. It works sometimes with the right CPU cooling.

I personally think that the TJ06 is only worth getting if your watercooling or you have parts that will fit nicely within the case (EG Zalman 9500, long PSU cables).

But the quality will be nice, and it looks pretty good too :) .

The p180 is great in the air cooling department. Most AIR cooling solutions will work well in that case. And the look grows on me :) . BUT the quality is not so good. There are some problems with that case, the 2 most popular being taking the side panels off and the front door warping. Although these problems are being sorted out theres still a risk that you will get a old one :( .

P180's hold thier value well too, expect to fetch £60-70 on the bay.

I would go for the CM stacker, I know I reccomend it a lot. but with a little bit of simple modding it can be a great case, which is great for watercooling and air cooling :).

good luck

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, Noni I will have a look at the CM case as its not one I am familiar with.

I checked the dimensions of the two cases I like and they seemed quite similar unless I got my tape measure in a fankle. I have got a modular Hyper 580W PSU so i think I will need the Silverstone extension lead for both cases.

Is the build quality being improved on the P180? Also do you know if the black version is going to be continued?

Permabanned
The issue with the door has been fixed. Taking the side panels off requires you to be careful as the tabs snap off easily.

But how many times are you going to take your side panel off ? lol.

Back
Top Bottom