ARRRRR, car won't lock! (306 DT, P reg)

Soldato
Rite, it’s been happening on and off for a while now. Get out the car go push the button to “lock” the door and it locks and then unlocks the second after (same if I use the key), as if the doors are still open. So, I go around the car opening and shutting the doors for 5 mins and normally it sorts its self out, until last night. Spent about 15 mins opening and closing the doors and still no joy. Its strange because the car must think all the doors are closed because when I put the lights on the “beep beep” doesn’t sound.

Any ideas what this could be, and more importantly how to fix it? I think it’s the passenger door as when I’m on my own I can’t remember it doing this, not certain though.

Please help, it’s driving me mad!

:mad: :p

Associate
Pug said:
not the boot is it? my celica caught me out t'other day when the boot was shut, but not properly shut...
Lol I had that with my alfa once, best thing was it would lock, then unlock itself.
I thought it was just being contrary!

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Would this not just stop the doors locking all together? and not locking then unlocking?

I don't know but it may be worth checking just to be sure. They're not hard to check, won't take 2 mins...

Good luck finding the problem, electrical faults are a right pain in the arse to find :(

Soldato
Spamalot said:
I take it you meen the rubber between the door and car and not the dash board?

Comon mate, use your head ;) The wires in your door to your switches + window have to come from somewhere, look at your door, you ll understand! Over time they crack and fail, this may explain why it started as a fixable problem by opening and closing the door.

Soldato
not entirely that helpful, but my nan's 306 did that, its a long time sold now though, I doubt she will remember what the problem was.

Back
Top Bottom