Buffalo LinkTheater High-Definition Wireless Media Player PC-P3LWG/DVD

Associate
like the look of the Kiss.

I have the buffalo i must say that i love it. It would be better if it had the IP TV but i supose i can live without that for now. there is one big advantage that the buffalo has of the kiss though, If you have a Buffalo NAS drive you dont have to have a PC to stream media it will play direct from the NAS itself.

Alos it dosnt look that cheap when all protective plastic stuff is off and it definatly dosnt feel cheap. I can get the cam out and take a few snaps if it helps.

Associate
My experience of Kiss players is not good, they do seem to degrade over time.

I've had 2 now, both failed within a year.

My last one, a DP-1000 lasted about 6 months, then the front controls stopped working but the remote worked, the player would always crash if you paused a divx for more than a few seconds, the VFD display went totally apes**t and now finally, the player will no longer read DVDRs with Divx files on them although standard DVDs and DVDR movies work ok.

No upgrade of firmware dealt with the Divx crashing. It will be replaced with a Media PC once HCDP enabled gfx cards are plentily available.

Associate
i am patiently waiting for the netgear DAVE to hit over here - i had seen adverts for it but no reviews
i have looked at the linktheatre before but reading about it on avsforums it seems blighted with firmware problems - i have a linkstation nas drive and am tempted just to get it!

Associate
Ive just ordered a Kiss DP-600, im hoping that now they have been taken over by Cisco Linksys they may have sorted out the problems they have ahd in the past, noticed today on their web site that they are now shipping :), ill let you know what its like when i get it ...with pics :)

Andy

Associate
encephalopathy said:
i am patiently waiting for the netgear DAVE to hit over here - i had seen adverts for it but no reviews
i have looked at the linktheatre before but reading about it on avsforums it seems blighted with firmware problems - i have a linkstation nas drive and am tempted just to get it!

What problems are these? the only one i had was that it would not keep a DHCP address after it was re-booted. A quick firmware upgrade and that was fixed. Cant say i have had any problems since.

Back
Top Bottom