Whats the best bargain you have had off The Bay ?

Soldato
Must admit I have been using a well known auction site for a number of years. I think long gone are the days when you can pick up a real bargain with the number of crooks and Nigerian Royalty wanting to share their princely fortunes with you.

So whats the best or most unusual bargain you have had off The Bay ?

For me I think it must have been the first two seasons of The Sopranos I picked up for £5.00 on DVD. All original as well :eek:

*Note to Dons. This thread is for general chat and in no way is it to promote any competition of OcUK.

Soldato
Hmmphh probably Crazy taxi for £5 quid ages ago when it was cool 8) . Picked up Socom 2 brand new for the PS2, shrink wrapped and all for a nice £15 when it was like £35.99 in the shops. Haven't used it much lately...Last time i used it was back in July!

Soldato
Got my decks off of Ebay, paid £300 for 2 good condition Technics 1210s (only missing the covers) and a mixer! :D Went to meet the bloke and paid him cash... was a dodgy deal from the boot of his car, think the decks might have been slightly dodgy! Eventually sold the mixer I got with these for £75 and got... a DJM500 for just under £300 not bad considering they retail for about £450ish!

Last edited:
Associate
In a twist on the theme, a few years ago I managed to sell my (genuine) Oakley Eyejackets for £65, having bought them new from a shop for £60 and worn them for 2 years

Suspended
got a e700 for £150, sold it a week later for £250, 600 blank dvds for £40 delivered, random brand but work fine for me on all my players as well as mates players. Bro got a rover 216 off ebay for £200, v good condition, low mileage as well

Soldato
Trichord 500 mains filter - usable with hifi/AV kit, improves the sound and picture quality of whatever you plug into it. Looks like a black metal shoe-box with two sockets on to the unitiated.

Anyway, RRP is £300, I've never seen one sell second hand for less than £150 before, most go for £200 or so. I got a second hand one in great condition for £90 including postage \o/

Soldato
i got a Tamiya TB-01 long arm suspension set for £11 inc delivery NIB, i think there about £60 in model shops :D . Ive got loads of other rc related items cheap as well. I got rainbow six ravenshield gold edition inc athena sword NIB for £6 free delivery a few days ago which i thought was good.

Mark

Soldato
Probably single best bargain was a water pump for the Saab. They've been unavailable for years, and I got one for £16. Shame it cost £20 to post.

Other bargains, a brand new turbo for a ton. £600 normally. A "chillcast" gearbox - the strongest made for my car, and very hard to find. A fiver :D Needs rebuilding, so that's £300, but easily worth £600 when done.

Soldato
Loki said:
Must admit I have been using a well known auction site for a number of years. I think long gone are the days when you can pick up a real bargain with the number of crooks and Nigerian Royalty wanting to share their princely fortunes with you.

So whats the best or most unusual bargain you have had off The Bay ?

For me I think it must have been the first two seasons of The Sopranos I picked up for £5.00 on DVD. All original as well :eek:

*Note to Dons. This thread is for general chat and in no way is it to promote any competition of OcUK.

Where these recent? Could you mail me who sold you these cause i have a funny feeling it was my mate :D :p. Well if you bought them recent...

Soldato
about 3 months ago i won a NEC 42" plasma with stand and DVDO IScan HD for £800. I sold the IScan for £400.

The funny thing is I have the same plasma in my flat in prague bit it cost me £1400 and i was about to order the stand at a cost of £200!

So for £400 i got a second plasma for my parents and a table top stand for my self.

Back
Top Bottom