Want a PS3 ? Better start saving for a HD TV as well

Associate
I all ready have a HD TV so this wont put me off getting a PS3 however the "mass market" wont all have nice new HD TVs so this could be a bad move form sony :mad:

LINK

Permabanned
It isn't just the PS3, it says HD-DVD will require the same.

February 24, 2006 - In perhaps the greatest disservice to the general consumer market yet perpetrated by players in the electronic entertainment industry, it has been revealed that next-generation DVD technologies (HD-DVD and Blu-ray) will only function with monitors and HDTVs with HDMI or DVI connections.

Soldato
Hang on a sec...

There's an XBOX 360 HD-DVD player on the way, right?

The 360 doesn't have any digital video outputs, let alone an HDCP compatible one, so surely that would render the drive useless? Unless the external drive came with an HDCP port, which would just make it a standalone player :confused:

Permabanned
Phil99 said:
Hang on a sec...

There's an XBOX 360 HD-DVD player on the way, right?

The 360 doesn't have any digital video outputs, let alone an HDCP compatible one, so surely that would render the drive useless? Unless the external drive came with an HDCP port, which would just make it a standalone player :confused:

I presume the 360 HD-DVD player would come with some sort of converter cable?

Associate
This is probably going to end up in someone getting extremely annoyed, hacking all the copy protection stuff on Blue-Ray/HD-DVD's, and totally bypassing the point of all this nonsense.

Soldato
yes lets bash PS3 again!!!! getting a bit fed up with this.
Reading the article i presume its only the movies on next gen formats which will require hdmi, that does not mean that games on such formats will not support component?

Ohh and even more so i hate pirates! I really really do!!

Associate
OP
This thread wasnt made to "bash the PS3" as you put it it was to inform people that they need to start saving

Besides when sony and other companys make stupid decisions like this they deserve bashing :D

Associate
OP
Well because the PS3 will use blue ray you will need to also get a HD TV like the title says :confused:
This is the gaming post right? lots of people me included are waiting for the PS3 i think its only right people should know the true cost of the next gen era and this report makes for bad reading

Associate
OP
Tit for tat is not looking good is it ?

I dont want this to happen but still when its looking you in the face you should take note

Back
Top Bottom