Tattoo ideas?

Associate
firstly, if you dont agree with tattoos, please dont reply. its my body, its want i want, blah blah blah

a while ago i posted an idea for a new tattoo. ive spent a while revising it, and this is the current stage im at.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7909/pic00091vx.jpg

now im having a few troubles. firstly, the middle bit. havent a clue what to put there, if anything. ive sketch an eye shape as you can see.

secondly, you can see lines in between the "ridges". im having trouble deciding what to do here. should i use those lines? maybe add something on the lines? or leave them out all together?

any ideas guys n gals?

(photoshop of my photo are welcome to help illustrate. thanks)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
The sketch looks cool there, maybe for the middle you could just darken the lines. Make some photocopies of that page and experiement.

Associate
OP
Nix said:
Bring in Rory!

oh dear...

can i also add, serious idea only please. i am asking for genuine advice, not childish drivel.

thankyou

edit - that sketch isnt finished yet, its WIP, hence me asking now for ideas. you can just about see the faint guide lines and pencil additions.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
what I was saying though is it looks good with the sketch/guide lines, perhaps just try darkening them a bit and adding them into the tattoo?

Associate
OP
panthro said:
if you got the basic outline of the tattoo done, you can always get the artist to add to it at a later date once you have decided what you want.

i was considering that, but i dont know how busy the tattooist/s will be, and how quick they work on designs. theres now rush but still, they might end up taking the P.

im going to finish with the ridges, and then try a couple of ideas in pencil for the other parts.

Associate
In the center you could have a rose, with it kind of spiralling out the way. By rose i mean the center of the rose head, with the petals going round the center. Not sure if thats any help but it looks good in my imagination.

Permabanned
Nice design. :) And good to see you are taking your time getting a design which is personal to yourself.

I'm assuming you are going for a black and skin design. (e.g. - not colour).

The thin guide line you have on your design, will not be as fine as that once inked. So it may not be worth incorporating in to your design.

As for the centre - I'll try and think of something. ;)

Associate
OP
thank you Manor.

yes, it will be just black (and skin obviously)

the guide line is just that, a guide, and as you can see on the inked parts, it is thicker once i go over it. and i also mentioned, it is WIP (does no one know what this means?) and i will be going over the vast majority of the guide lines.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Lord Pablo said:
thank you Manor.

yes, it will be just black (and skin obviously)

the guide line is just that, a guide, and as you can see on the inked parts, it is thicker once i go over it. and i also mentioned, it is WIP (does no one know what this means?) and i will be going over the vast majority of the guide lines.

Maybe you should finish your work in progress and then show us. We're giving you ideas. I agree with Manor - use the guide lines in the design, like i suggested earlier.

Soldato
Lord Pablo said:
seriously, what is the point in posting unless you have something constructive to say about the topic in question?

Ok ok, i'm sorry.

As for your design, i like it. But would the thinner lines stand out that well? It's just from the sketch it seems all the attention is aimed at the spikey things and the actually lines going around seem a bit thin.. maybe thats how its meant to be :)

Back
Top Bottom