Microsofts New Handheld

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
***_captain said:
One word.

PSP.

Can't see this taking off tbh. Media/Game playing/internet surfing multi-function 'portable' machine.

I have a DS. Can you tell? :p

t3h :cool:

I have both. Theres nothing wrong with the PSP in theory. Sony did a great job with the hardware (apart from forgetting one of the analogue sticks and insisting on UMD) but the games are dissapointing, which has to come down to the developers, but there is a market for an all in one device if the games are right.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
you know, ms could give the money to charity instead of throwing away another couple of billion getting there ass’s handed to them in the portable market.

Soldato
XPE said:
you know, ms could give the money to charity instead of throwing away another couple of billion getting there ass’s handed to them in the portable market.

The fact that bill gates and his wife have a multi billion dollar charity set up, giving away hundreds of millions each year doesnt mean anything?

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/

Number of employees: 263
Endowment: $29.1 billion
Total grant commitments since inception: $10.2 billion
Total 2005 grant payments: $1.36 billion

$10.2 billion since 2000, pretty good stuff

Soldato
oh no annother. errr its microsoft, lets all hate it and proceed to maticulously slate it thread! I hope its good, you can never have too much choice, if its not then fair enough!

Soldato
as far as i was aware the origami project was actualy ( as said by punky_munky) its actually an ultra mobile PC. Its more like a mini tablet PC as opposed to a game machine.
But i guess we will find out on march 2nd, but i doubt it will play games much better than the PDA's that are kicking around just now. Cant see it being to the quality and spec of the PSP and DS (and the GP32?)
I will wait for the iPod like this

Soldato
Yeah it really doesn't look like it's supposed to be a competitor for the PSP or DS. It looks like it's just a really small general purpose PC. And of course being general purpose it can play games but isn't primarily geared towards them.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
McDaniel said:
The fact that bill gates and his wife have a multi billion dollar charity set up, giving away hundreds of millions each year doesnt mean anything?

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/

$10.2 billion since 2000, pretty good stuff

and how much have they spent on the xbox and the 360 ? lets face it with the state of the world today i think the money could be better spent some where else.

Soldato
XPE said:
and how much have they spent on the xbox and the 360 ? lets face it with the state of the world today i think the money could be better spent some where else.
3 unquestionable truths about Bill Gates:

1. His company releases buggy, security flawed products.
2. Despite what you may think of him, he gives more to charity than probably any other living person.
3. He looks just like one of those kids you used to enjoy beating up at school. ;)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
deSade said:
3 unquestionable truths about Bill Gates:

2. Despite what you may think of him, he gives more to charity than probably any other living person.

i know that, but it doesnt mean that ms should be allowed to throw away billions on trying to breach the protable market :(

Soldato
XPE said:

Or everybody that whines about MS could give a £1 to charity and beat Bill at his own game ;)

HEADRAT

Back
Top Bottom