Bloody Germans

Soldato
As some of you know, bird flu has been discovered in Germany.

One of the measures is that the authorities have asked the population to report sightings of dead birds to the local police department ASAP.

Now, my mum found two dead birds next to our house earlier today. It was a public sidewalk and many people walk past it, esp. to pick up their kids from school (who then walk past that spot on their way back) and to take their dogs for a walk (who, of course, sniff around the dead birds.)

So my mum calls the coppers. They redirect her to the fire department :confused: The fire department gave her a phone number...which doesn't exist :confused:

She then attempts to call a police department in a neighbouring village. They are not interested!!

So eventually, after spending 2.5 hours on the phone (and according to my sister, dozens of people have walked past there, dogs been mauling them etc.) she eventually gets through to some veterinarian in the state capital. She intervenes and eventually a police car does show up.

Here comes the best bit. They use throw away gloves to put the dead birds into a plastic bag(!!!), then they spend a half hour giving my mother grief about "wasting police resources on a public holiday" :eek: In the end they got so rude, that they earned themselves a racism charge for calling my mum a "bloody crazy foreigner woman." :mad:

WTF!?!

Now, I'm not one to panic about bird flu. But then again, I don't have two dead birds lying on my doorstep.

What a pathetic country it is. Their mentality drives me up the walls.

Soldato
o god lol good to see they are trying to prevent it. What makes me laugh is tho is french goverment saying how its safe to eat their poultry yet when some of our cows went a bit mad they wund touch it! BOYCOTT THE FRENCH!

Caporegime
R5Rich said:
o god lol good to see they are trying to prevent it. What makes me laugh is tho is french goverment saying how its safe to eat their poultry yet when some of our cows went a bit mad they wund touch it! BOYCOTT THE FRENCH!

Even more annoying is that the french had BSE when we had it too!

No wonder bird flu is spreading if people act like that :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Just read the news.

Opposition party in Germany is moaning that the state and municipial-level crisis management, as it is employed now, is completely out of depth in trying to manage this crisis.

They are moaning that it should be run under federal supervision.

The government, meanwhile, is moaning about the opposition move to block more involvement by the army, and moaning about the opposition moaning.(!!)

FFS!!!

Associate
Tbh if you phoned the police here they wouldnt have done anything. imagine the conversation

- citizen "er...hello i'd like to report a dead bird on the pavement" policeman " well done, what do you want a medal ".

I quite liked living in germany though i thought it was a very pleasant place to live. But on a serious note just burn the carcasses with extreme prejudice from a great height! :D

Soldato
R5Rich said:

Avian flu isn't foodbourne.
BSE was a different story.

Man of Honour
Just remind them who won the two Wolrd Wars and they should be grateful that we stopped when we did otherwise they would be speaking English now! :p

Soldato
Ex-RoNiN said:
Now, I'm not one to panic about bird flu. But then again, I don't have two dead birds lying on my doorstep.

What a pathetic country it is. Their mentality drives me up the walls.

You defer a simple task to 'authority' and then complain when they don't have a response you expect?

Did you expect Bird-Flu detectives to Quarantine the area while using the Bird-Flu-Mobile to direct their operation?

Back
Top Bottom