Things to do before starting a career?

Associate
At the moment I'm at uni studying Zoology but I'm not enjoying the experience at all. I find myself sitting in lectures thinking "What am I doing here?". I've studied quite a few subjects and have realised that uni just isn't for me.
I've been looking at applying to the police, military & fire service but think I need to get a bit more partying out of my system and still gain some 'life expereince'.
It has always sat in the back of my mind how bad it may look on my CV that I'll be a two-time uni dropout.
Have any of you done anything to appreciate life a bit more but in the process still doing something that'll look good on a CV?

I've been thinking about travelling/voluntary work but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences that they could share.

Thanks

Associate
Talk to the uni and find out how many credits you've earnt so far. find out how many more you need to put them together to get a HNC / HND or any other form of credit acculated qualification. Fire, Army and Police recruitment takes time and you should beable to get something from uni to show you've done more than **** it away.

Uni aint for everyone and loads of people leave, somewhere like 30% in the first year alone. I remember my course stated with more than 200 in the school and in the final year we were down to around 35, a lot transfered to different courses a lot just left.

Uni aint everything, and now degrees are getting so common, and especially in IT, the degree's are often 2 or 3 years out of date based on current market demands, that it does not really give you much of a head start.

Back
Top Bottom