Speaker Upgrade...

Soldato
I've just bought a Rover 214si (1996 P-Reg) as a 'Runaround' to get me too and from work, but I'm a little dissapointed in the ICE in the car!...

It's still got the original Rover 'Cassette' player/Radio and Crappy Speakers!...

So I'm looking to (not spending too much) upgrade!... Now remembering its only a Workhorse, I'm looking at the H&B CA-5555 HU from OcUK!... but I think I also need Speakers!...

Does anyone know what size the Front and Rear speakers are in this car!?... I've tried googling but can only find the 'Old' Wedgie Rovers!, Not my nice Bubble!

Plus any recomendations on Speakers, again not too expensive!!! - No Amps, 6x9's or cutting!!!... Just strait OEM Fitment!!, would be welcome!..

Cheers
Sim :)

Soldato
OP
Phil W said:
Don't bother, its only a work horse, leave it that way ;)

But I've no Tapes!... Loads of CD's/MP3 Discs and a cuple of SD Cards!...

I need my music whilst driving!.. :( and the Radio (content wise!) is just Crap!!!... I hate R1 and R2 is for old farts (don't get me started on Local Radio!!)

Soldato
Simian said:
So I'm looking to (not spending too much) upgrade!... Now remembering its only a Workhorse, I'm looking at the H&B CA-5555 HU from OcUK!... but I think I also need Speakers!...
Cheers
Sim :)

eh? OCUK do head units??!

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Upgrading to a cheap HU then changing the speakers to better ones is going to be a waste of time, the SQ difference with such a low powered amp will be limited.

I think at least one of the speakers are blown!... I'm no basshead but I can get em rattling badly with medium volume (enough to hear over the motorway noise) ans 'Chris Moyles' in the morning!... only looking for summut of slightly better quality!...

Soldato
The stock Rover speakers are REALLY bad.

I have some £40 Sony speakers lying around unused so am planning on fitting those ASAP.

However, the Rover speakers are an odd size and use 3 screws IIRC so I need to make some adaptors out of MDF to hold them in place.

I thought one of my speakers was blown but it was the plastic liner in the door vibrating against the speaker.

Back
Top Bottom