Nothing fancy, just need advice on a new digicam

Soldato
I need a new digicam this year (my old Kodak has had it really), and on a decent recommendation (after I was moaning about the slowness of the Kodak), I've been looking at some Ricoh kit - specifically the Caplio models.

The trouble I'm having is that there are so many revisions of the damn thing that I'm not sure where to put my money. I dont want to spend more than £250, but I also dont want to be paying over the odds for the kit I get at that price.

I'd appreciate decent online store recommendations so I can see what's being stocked (Googling is turning up loads of places that share no consistency in the revisions they stock), and just generally any comments on my choice would be appreciated.

Ta :)

Soldato
I can't say I've ever heard of Ricoh doing cameras. If you're just after a no nonsense snappy happy digital camera get an Ixus. They can be had for under £250 and they're tiny. Great for nights out, holidays, general photo use.

Soldato
OP
I'll happily be swung anywhere, so long as I dont have time to make a cup of tea between pressing the button and the camera taking the photo :D Which is the reason I was pointed to Ricoh - they're quick to start and snap apparantly (review sites seem to confirm this).

I'll look into Ixus now :)

Associate
dont discount panasonic, they make some good little cameras.

id be weary of ricoh though, just based on how unreliable the r3 was. may just have been a bad batch though.

Back
Top Bottom