Making money on ebay.

Soldato
I was just thinking ...

People sell document files on ebay such as, How to get rich quick ! or things like WoW power levelling guides/cheats, now whats to say i bought 1 of these of someone, then sold them on myself.

Is there anything wrong with that .. ?

Soldato
OP
Im not talking millions am i rofl.

Im just on about odd couple hundred a month or something, i see people selling guides n stuff for 4-5 quid each at 40 at a time..

Suspended
Ive done this, made a bit selling a gt4 guide, which was on several forums, without any copyright notices etc so i just turned it into a pdf and sold it for £3.50 a pop, sold quite a lot, you can make cash if you sell the right product, just look around for something thats not being sold which you can create or acquire easily

Soldato
OP
Yes thats what ive been thinking of doing, WoW is the in thing atm, theres nothing stopping me from circulating some guides some random has made up in notepad surely, or off some forum.

And i can't seeing all of those guides and stuff on there being all different.

Last edited:
Soldato
the millions was just a far fetched example, im just telling you that these success books are bull most of the time

Wise Guy
Permabanned
gib786 said:
Ive done this, made a bit selling a gt4 guide, which was on several forums, without any copyright notices etc so i just turned it into a pdf and sold it for £3.50 a pop, sold quite a lot, you can make cash if you sell the right product, just look around for something thats not being sold which you can create or acquire easily
It doesn't need a copyright notice. ANY original work is automatically protected, with or without a notice saying so.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
tang0 said:
you just reword it
That won't necessarily help you. It isn't just the form of words that is protected, but the content. Minor changes won't avoid you getting sued, or prevent you losing if you do. If you want proof of that, you have to look no further than the current court battle over Dan Brown's Da Vinci code, where it's alleged he nicked the basic ideas.

It might make proving it harder, and over something like this, it may not be financially justified to sue anyway ..... but not everybody does it for the money. You'd still be taking a chance, even if it's a small one.

Back
Top Bottom