Spanish Racism - Football

Soldato
After reading the whole thing about eto getting chants from the crowd with their match against zaragoza, i felt a bit angry.

i think its hideous.

if it was in this country it would be stamped upon straight away,..... which isnt a bad thing...
but in spain they dont seem to mind, its brushed aside until people get on their backs...

personally i think all spanish supporters should be banned from the world cup as this has happened on a regular basis in spain (p.s. i know it happens everywhere and im not being a n00b by suggesting it only happens in spain, but it has been brought to the surface in spain because of the majority being idiots)
the spain team shouldnt be banned as its not their fault, but as punishment to make sure they stamp it out the supporters shouldnt be allowed to the world cup... this can go for all nations.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
You can't ban an entire country's support for that! That's the kind of preposterous, knee-jerk madness that passes for informed opinion on these kind of matters.

Should Polish fans be banned because of the hooligan element of one or two of their clubs, should the Italians be banned because of Lazio's facist element? Where do we stop?

Sem

Sem

Soldato
they should threaten to dock points off teams who supports are chanting racist remarks

I'm not to surprised about the racism in Spain tho tbh

even their national coach is a racist **** :mad:

some newspaper claimed Eto'o is on this way to Chelsea to avoid the chants
not sure if its to believed tho

Man of Honour
Sem said:
some newspaper claimed Eto'o is on this way to Chelsea to avoid the chants
not sure if its to believed tho

If he does move to London I doubt it's because of that ;)

You can never really tell I suppose, years ago Patrick Viera vowed he'd never play in Italy again for the racist chants he received while playing for Milan.

Associate
if it was in this country it would be stamped upon straight away,.....

Totally agree mate everyone knows that if in 2 or 3 premiership matches there was any kind of racism or in fact if it was the english fans against spain that FIFA would have banned England from the next big tournamount. Its funny cuz when the english teams make mistakes we get the harshest treatment yet other countries get away with murder.....

I wont even bring up the fact that the crazy turks who get away with the most with fans and their countless cheating on the pitch....

Associate
Absolutely correct - if those events were in England, we would be in serious trouble of expulsion from the World Cup.

Of course, it's a cliche, but it's a society problem rather than a football one solely.

It's hard to believe that in Spain in the year 2006, racism on this level still exists - and it is prevalent to a degree also in Italy.

One of the main factors in this, I accept not the only one!, is the extremely low levels of "black immigrants", and subsequent generations, who reside in these countries - Spain and to a lesser extent Italy, didn't colonise areas of Africa for example unlike Portugal [Angola], France - numerous Africain countries, and Holland - Dutch Antilles, areas of South Africa, which saw the movement of people to and from these countries - and thus don't experience a muli-cultural society like others do.

The majority of those with an "ethnic" background residing in Spain are hispanic - Ecuadorians, Colombians etc.

It's similar to England in the mid-70's, mind bogglingly backward.

Spain's National side, for example, has only had one black international footballer, I believe - Vincente Engonga.

Time for Governments to open their eyes, and move their countries into the Millenium

Back
Top Bottom