Question about a the Canon iP4200

Permabanned
Basically all I want to know is, can you use the lower tray (not sure if it's an output or input tray) to feed paper?

Canon_iP4200%5b1%5d.jpg

The image tells me it is output only, with the input being at the rear.

The reason I ask, is I only have about 9" of shelf space for a printer - therefore a rear tray going up against the wall, is quite simply out of the question. :(

Soldato
I have this printer, the ip2000 but it isnt the same as in pic :S Anyway, on mine i can select which one i want to feed paper in, mine feeds paper from the bottom tray and comes out of the bottom tray

Soldato
hey,

I have the IP4000 Printer, Its the same as the IP4200 but they have changed the look a little.

The printer allows you to feed from either paper tray bottom/top (Both are inputs). There is a button on the front which allows you to select a paper tray. I always use the bottom tray for A4, and open up the top tray sometimesfor 4x6.

Its a an amazing printer, esp for the money and its really good on ink too.

Hope this helps buddy ;)

Permabanned
OP
markyb said:
hey,

I have the IP4000 Printer, Its the same as the IP4200 but they have changed the look a little.

The printer allows you to feed from either paper tray bottom/top (Both are inputs). There is a button on the front which allows you to select a paper tray. I always use the bottom tray for A4, and open up the top tray sometimesfor 4x6.

Its a an amazing printer, esp for the money and its really good on ink too.

Hope this helps buddy ;)
Pretty much what I wanted to hear.

Can't be much worse than my HP Deskjet 3820 that's now in multiple pieces. ;)

Soldato
basmic said:
Pretty much what I wanted to hear.

Can't be much worse than my HP Deskjet 3820 that's now in multiple pieces. ;)
LOL i had a HP Deskjet 3822, same but different shape i think and it was carp, kept breaking and everything so i got my ip2000 and its great!

Permabanned
OP
Scythe said:
LOL i had a HP Deskjet 3822, same but different shape i think and it was carp, kept breaking and everything so i got my ip2000 and its great!
TBH I didn't my 3820. It seemed reliable enough, but it was a bit sluggish on photo prints and couldn't print on CDs or do borderless printing.

Basically on the last it made grinding noises, chewed paper up, and point-blank refused to acknowledge any print job. So, with the aid of a flat-headed screwdriver, I forced the top cover off. :)

My Canon should be with my next week. :cool:

Soldato
ben_j_davis said:
(not sure if its possible.)

It is as explained above. The bottom should actually be a better feed as I believe it also allows duplex printing (correct term I think), from what I remember when settting the g/f's up.

Soldato
You can close it, as in put the lid on the paper cartridge, but when you slot the tray in back in to the printer the paper tray sticks out about 2/3 inches, just down to the fact the the printer is not deep enough to take the complete depth of the paper when the paper is sitting flat.

Still looks good though, you wouldn't even notice the reason why it stuck out if you didn't know, it just looks like part of the printer design.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ok. I will give that a go then. Be nice to leave the A4 paper in the bottom tray!! Does the paper stick out or does it go over the end that is inside the printer?

Last edited:
Soldato
ACPCUP said:
Ok. I will give that a go then. Be nice to leave the A4 paper in the bottom tray!! Does the paper stick out or does it go over the end that is inside the printer?

it doesnt stick out of the cartridge at all, the cartridge slides out to fully accommodate the paper, and then there is a little lid that goes over the bit of the cartridge that sticks out of the front to cover the paper up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom