Boinc and BBC climate project

Caporegime
Im running the BBC experiment and i seem to have 2 experiments going on at the same time. Each experiment is running on a core of my X2 4400. does that mean they are two completly different experiments or are they the same experiment? As one is at 0.7% and the other at 0.1% i assume they are seperate?

As i'm running SETI at the same time with the projects swapping over every so often i was wondering how i could get rid of one of the BBC projects and have the other BBC project running on one of the cores constantly with the other core being solely used for SETI or both cores be used for the BBC experiment with seti being allowed to run every so ften.

Associate
Personally what i would do is detach one of the bbc experiments, then set the bbc experiment to "no new work" as it will be a good number of weeks/months before it needs new work and then go into the advanced settings of the bbc experiement web page and set your resource share (ie http://bbc.cpdn.org/home.php THEN "View or edit BBC Climate Change Experiment preferences" THEN Click Edit again, then change the resource share to a much higher amount mine is at 3000 (Seti at 200 already) this assures that
the majority of the time it will have one core on the BBC project and the other core doing it's thing on SETI.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for that, just what i wanted!

So i assume i then delete one of the BBC work units once i have disabled new work?

Back
Top Bottom