South of France or The Algarve

Soldato
I'm going away with the Mrs early June (thinking around the 5th ish), just for a week or 10 days.

At the moment, the 2 destinations I'm looking at is the South of France, Nice sort of area. And somewhere on the Algarve.

I've been to neither before, which is why we're thinking about these 2 destinations.

The only things we're looking for is somewhere thats got nice surroundings, but stuff to do day and night also.

As I've not been to either destination, I don't really know where in specific to look at?
If anyone has been to one of these destinations, I'd appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Thanks

Soldato
The Algarve is cheaper than the South of France in terms of food, drink, etc. Ive only been to the Algarve once, but I love Cannes, Nice and Biarritz. I recommend Cannes. It has really nice beaches, lotd of shops, beautiful countryside and the weather is nearly always perfect from June onwards.

Associate
What other places have you liked in the past? I absolutely detested Nice, Cannes and Monaco, full of arrogant people with no manners, food was terrible except for one bar. People kept disappearing with money for food and assuming the change was a tip even if it was a ridiculous amount. Had to repeatedly ask for my change in one place and it was change from a 20 euro note for 2 glasses of wine, that's a decent bit of change!!!

And to top it all, the whole place is full of dog-poo due to their fascination with miniature mutts. It stinks.

Gimme Paris any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom