CONSTANT timed stutter with either sound OR audio?

Soldato
I was getting a stutter with my rig on a consistant basis, i can describe it like the sound skips/shakes for a brief second. Anyway i decided to do some tests and i found out the following.

When not moving my mouse or moving it (even unplugging it), the results are still the same. I thought it maybe my Razer Copperhead but alas after messing with polling/dpi rates i concluded it wasn't.

Basically after every minute/second the skip/shake occured in either Winamp (sound) or VLC Player (video).

Min(s).Sec(s)

As you can see the skip/shake occurs after every 60 seconds+ 4seconds?

What the... can anyone give me a clue as to what this could be as i'm pretty stumped?

Soldato
OP
I've never had this problem with my other machine and am miles from an airport or airfield, so it's not interference. I'm using on-board Realtec '97 at the moment, but that was because i thought it was a conflicting issue with my M-Audio 24/96 soundcard and an IRQ with my GPU. It gets even more complicated as my GPU cooler houses over another PCI slot, so i only have 2x PCI slots left. I tried both, but alas the same problem sharing an IRQ or not. :(

Any more thoughts on the matter? I'm seriously stumped. I've also tried lowering PCI latency times with my M-Audio soundcard too, but still the same issue.

edit: This is what i have to change just for reference.
PCI Latency Sets

1.) Gonna try Realtek sound driver opposed to nVidia 4.62 driver.
2.) Gonna try M-Audio again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom