Any Benq users with Dead Pixels ? New screen delivered with one......

Associate
Took delivery of my BenQ FP202W yesterday and it arrived with 1 dead pixel, which as you can imagine I'm not impressed with ! I'll be ringing them today to try and get a new one. Has anyone had experience with BenQ before re something like this ? If so what are my chances ?

I'll report back once I've spoken to them.

Cheers

Associate
You can always return under the distance selling regs. Must contact the supplier within 7 days after the day of receipt. You may have to pay the P/P but that's all, get a replacement or refund. Good luck.

Associate
OP
God bless OcUK..... BenQ said it was within Internationally accepted limits therefore tough luck.... I asked them (the supervisor) what does that say about their factory quality control if they send out imperfect TFT's. He had no answer.

Anyway OcUK are getting a courier to pick it up tomorrow and will issue a refund, then I just order another. Hopefully the new one will be perfect !!

Can't praise OcOK enough !!

Soldato
Jaap74 said:
God bless OcUK..... BenQ said it was within Internationally accepted limits therefore tough luck.... I asked them (the supervisor) what does that say about their factory quality control if they send out imperfect TFT's. He had no answer.

Anyway OcUK are getting a courier to pick it up tomorrow and will issue a refund, then I just order another. Hopefully the new one will be perfect !!

Can't praise OcOK enough !!

Fair enough, none of us want dead pixels. But if every tft company scrapped any monitor with a a single dead pixel, the overall price of screens would likely be twice what it is now.

Permabanned
Still, if they manufactured them without dead pixels think of all the happy customers they would have. Anyway, i would have told them there was 5 dead pixels in the middle of the screen. They can't check till its back with them(Benq)!!

Caporegime
its just a flaw in the process im afraid

its not like they deliberately put dead pixels in. its just it would cost so much to bin all the panels that have them that it would have an impact of the end cost.

Associate
OP
messiah khan said:
Fair enough, none of us want dead pixels. But if every tft company scrapped any monitor with a a single dead pixel, the overall price of screens would likely be twice what it is now.

Just think if Ford sent out every 10th car with a defect !! It wouldn't happen............ Sure you can't kill somebody with a TFT but quality control is important.........

Associate
My new Viewsonic VP930 [October] developed a lazy pixel 2 days back, very tiny pinhead dot in the centre of the screen that did not show on any page or a white screen or even a black screen, in fact it only showed up after I ran pixel buddy and saw it on the red screen.

I could have lived with it because it was such a tiny little dot and only on a colour I never use on my desktop, but I phoned Viewsonic and told them about it, explained it was upsetting me because I had spent a lot of money on this monitor and now I had a fault.

Viewsonics policy is excellent and though they say they will swap for 1 dead pixel, mine was a sub pixel and technically not within the the swap out guidelines.

As I said above, I phoned them 2 days back and a new perfect VP930 arrived this morning. God bless you Viewsonic and may all your panels be as perfect as this one... :D

Soldato
Jaap74 said:

I know this issue is happily long solved for you, but did you not know LCDs could have dead pixels? All companies send out 'imperfect' screens all the time. There's no screen by any manufacturer where you are guaranteed to get a perfect screen.

Also a dead pixel is not sufficient for an RMA usually, but if you buy online there's always the distance selling regulations to fall back on, which is probably the basis on which OcUK decided to give you another screen. Anyway, good on them for sorting it out.

If you'd bought at another less generous retailer, and bought in store, you could well have ended up stuck with the screen.

Permabanned
They will just sell it as new maybe? Did you have to pay a restocking fee. They can charge you this, even if you claim the distance selling regulations.

You shouldn't have been able to send it back, you should consider yourself lucky because as said the reason LCDs arn't that expensive is because they arn't perfect. If everyone sent them back they would all cost a lot more. It isn't comparable to a car. If a cars breaks fail people will die. 1 dead pixel in a screen with 1000s on is no big deal, but I understand your pain, my PSP has a dead pixel near the middle.

Soldato
iamgud said:
Did you have to pay a restocking fee. They can charge you this, even if you claim the distance selling regulations.

Legally they're not allowed though, provided you've taken good care of the monitor and packaging and sent it back in as-new condition, and provided you let them know within 7 working days.

Associate
The above post beat me to it. Re-stocking fees have nothing to do with the 7 day distance selling regulation nor, for that matter, does the reason for return.

The 7 days is basically a 'cooling off' period to compensate for the lack of being able to examine the goods in person. You can return the product for any reason, for no reason for that matter, other than you've decided it is not for you. As long as you return it as new with all materials and packing etc. then you are entitled to a full refund of the product price.

So always be careful when unpacking anything to keep the packaging etc. in good shape.

Soldato
What my last post was meant to be was - does anyone take a loss here? Or more to the point does OcUK take a loss or will they send it out as new again? If so its a bit like people returning opterons for being the wrong stepping, they can do it and there is nothing the e-tailor can do about it. Although its considered poor form.

TBH if this is the case and I was in the same situation I wouldnt be shouting the virtues of OcUK rather keeping quiet about the whole matter. :p

Back
Top Bottom