Seats - retrimming

Soldato
I have a hole in one of my seats Observe.

The alcantara (sp) wears thin because of the big "wings" on the seat. I can buy a swatch from Recaro to repair it but it'll only wear again so I thought I'd just look into getting the wings done in proper leather - the hard wearing stuff.

Been quoted £450 + VAT to have both front seats done in a good quality automotive leather with a year wear warranty. The material part of the seat will stay as it is - just black or red leather on the outer bits.

Ok price you think? And black leather or red leather?

Soldato
OP
EddScott said:
Is that your car in the first pic? I thought it was white or have I missed something?

I stole the pic :o Shame on me. :(

Yeah just showing the work they do - nice and tidy, not my cuppa tea.

Soldato
D4VE said:
It sounds reasonable to me - if you bought 2 new leather seats it would cost a lot more.

Shame to see such wear on a DC5 seat though :(

If thats reasonable I'm in the wrong job :eek:

Am I right in thinking that this £450+vat is for leather patches to be stitched to the high points of the seats?

Not a lot of material for your money?

Soldato
merlin said:
DC2 and DC5 seats both wear too quickly. :(

IMO its not just in Hondas, I've looked at a couple of EVO7s recently and the seats in them looked badly worn for a car only a few years old (UK dealership cars too).

More likely Recaro used cheap materials for OE applications to keep costs down.

Soldato
OP
L0rdMike said:
Have you got any pics of a white Teg with Red seats?

_439f1475c2545.jpg

Soldato
EddScott said:

Am I right in thinking that this £450+vat is for leather patches to be stitched to the high points of the seats?

I thought it was a total retrim of the entire seats in leather including restoring any bolsters if they need it...

Soldato
OP
EddScott said:

That's for the side bolsters - next to your legs, and the wings - around your rib cage, and all the way around the rear of the seat, and the head bit too, on both seats.

Quite a bit of leather there, plus labour.

Soldato
merlin said:
That's for the side bolsters - next to your legs, and the wings - around your rib cage, and all the way around the rear of the seat, and the head bit too, on both seats.

Quite a bit of leather there, plus labour.

AHHH, kind of making them like half-leater seats? Still a fair old chunk of cash but I imagine if its left and the hole gets worse its going to look bad.

Thinking black leather on red material would look quite nice?

Back
Top Bottom