selling prints etc online

Soldato
Well, basically I want to start selling prints of my work, and to sell them online would be the best option.

Does anyone use Cafepress ? I was considering using them to sell my goodies, as they do a lot of products, t-shirts etc, but there based overseas, so not sure if this would cause any problems.

Does anyone know if theres any UK based alternatives to cafepress?

Has anyone ever used cafepress? Are they any good?

Anyone ever had any problems with them?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Used to have an account on DeviantArt, but I just deleted all my things and left it.

DeviantArt only does prints, but cafepress does loads of stuff, like mousemats etc, which could be cool to sell in the future.

SCM

SCM

Associate
shifty_uk said:
Used to have an account on DeviantArt, but I just deleted all my things and left it.

DeviantArt only does prints, but cafepress does loads of stuff, like mousemats etc, which could be cool to sell in the future.

Not true DA does mugs, mousemats, postcard, jigsaws, calendars etc now.

SCM

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Pebbles said:
Adz have you/do you use that company?? If so, are they any good?

They're actually a customer of ours, we developed and host their website. As for whether they're any good or not, the Pro Galleries certainly are - I've not experienced their processing services but they certainly know what they're doing. 2 of the directors are/were pro photographers themselves.

I think they're still doing introdutory discounts/trials at the moment if you want to drop them an email.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
SCM said:
Ouch, that is more for the professional photographers as the prices for monthly webpage hosting etc are rather pricey at £30 a month :eek:

SCM

I assumed the OP was a professional photographer of sorts. Even so, £30/month for a gig of space, unmetered bandwidth, fully featured gallery system with dynamic watermarking, resizing, etc, built in e-commerce and payment processing. Seems like pretty good value to me!

(not on commission :p)

SCM

SCM

Associate
If you can afford it yes but they don't do prints themselves reading it, they refer you to an approved list of sorts. At least with DA you can buy your own items at base price which works out a lot cheaper than any print shop i have found in the UK so far.

Just you would need to buy a few to justify the added cost of postage.

SCM

Adz

Adz

Soldato
The site doesn't make it very clear but essentially what happens is you choose your preferred lab from a drop down list. This populates your defaults with the correct print options which you can then assign to events. You don't need a contract with the print lab, that side of things is all handled for you. Your customer receives their images direct and the funds are taken from your Pro Darkroom account. Clever, huh? :D

Back
Top Bottom