New MSN BETA theme - anyone got a windows theme the same?

Soldato
MY EYES!!!!
Its rancid!!! The pictures are all blocky, theres no smoothness like the other one!
Oh, and how do you get mini display pics back? I cant find the option. I'm just stuck with the generic messenger guy for all contacts..

Last edited:
Soldato
charltonfan1 said:
I like apple products and how they are styled, so i think thats why i like this. hmm maybe its only me!
It just feels angular and bright.
I have to almost use black to make my eyes adjust nicely to it. I much prefered the bold curves to faint boxes

Soldato
Spunj99 said:
Nah. This update is a LOT better imho.

A nice suprise. :)
Want to elaborate on what you find good? Its 'nice' but needs a lot more refining in my opinion.

I had just got used to only seeing one display pic at a time, and now its been removed totally! That was the neatest feature in 7.5.

Secondly, uncollapsed groups only contain the number of contacts in that group in the headding. It should also display how many in that group are online.

Permabanned
They've really botched the whole Online/Total thing.

I want to be able to see all my contacts with the online ones highlighted with a different colour like before, now I can either see them all but looking identical or just the online ones. It's stupid.

Soldato
Pickers said:
Want to elaborate on what you find good? Its 'nice' but needs a lot more refining in my opinion.

I had just got used to only seeing one display pic at a time, and now its been removed totally! That was the neatest feature in 7.5.

Secondly, uncollapsed groups only contain the number of contacts in that group in the headding. It should also display how many in that group are online.

Just the design changes, i mean.

Got rid of the stupid colour header bar thingies and I much prefer the simple minimalist look.

I only use Messenger at work anyway, as i use Miranda at home.

:)

Soldato
divine_madness said:
They've really botched the whole Online/Total thing.

I want to be able to see all my contacts with the online ones highlighted with a different colour like before, now I can either see them all but looking identical or just the online ones. It's stupid.

Apparently these "older" icons are just temporary anyway, they're working on some similiar to the green ones in the last version.

Permabanned
sara said:
Is there a screenshot out there for the uninitiated?

msnmainwindow.jpg

Banned words blurred out :p

Soldato
new3hz.jpg

Thats with the fill set to BLACK :eek:

Auron - how did you remove the advertisement? I've not found a compatable patch for this new release

Soldato
There's one out dedicated to removing the ads & allowing multi MSNs out on msg"poo".com soon (you got to replace the poo with something :p)

Back
Top Bottom