ePoX - what an ass

Associate
i baught a SATA drive for my nForce 3 ultra ePoX mobo, and i can't use it because the graphics card heatsink/fan is in the way of the connectors. It's a rediculous design fault!, any one have any ideas what i should do ?

Soldato
I remember reading about that fault in a review of the board (i have one of the boards myself but its currently unused). They did eventially get it to work by trying a few different cables that they could bend etc. What they definately said is that the cable supplied with the board will not fit in any way.

Soldato
aye it is pathetic :( I had to use the Akasa silver one with the angled sata connector and somehow bodge it to fit due to my arctic cooler getting in the way, that board was the worst laid out board i have EVER had the misfortune to own

Associate
OP
Hum, i contacted epox and they want me to show images so i've sent them some.

They said the most they could do is provide smaller SATA cables

This is crazy, the AGP 6800GT was already availiable when this mobo was released. And it's common for powerful systems such as this to have a SATA drive.

This isn't up to standard for ePoX.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
tell me about it,

think i'm just gona sell this mobo, had enouph

thinking of going PCI-E now anyway.

someone offered me 140 quid for my AGP 6800GT, is this good, or could i get more if i stuck it on various auction websites ?

Last edited:
Associate
very good - However i'm not sure if that sort of thing is to be discussed here!

My experience with epox is the boards can be awesome, but QC seems to be lacking, and customer service is great, but not in the UK.

Associate
OP
i've taken some images of the problem so u can see

Without card, you can see the SATA ports.
DVC00007.jpg

With card, it's hysterically funny isn't it ?
DVC00004.jpg

Associate
OP
well it takes up 2 slots like nearly all do...

to be fair, epox know the coolers take up 2 slots because they left space below the AGP slot where there would normaly be a another PCI slot, and put 2 SATA ports and a battery here instead.

i'm thining maybe another cooler would solve this issue, coz i still haven't recieved my one small ended SATA cable from epox yet.

Looking at the Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5, any views on the size of this considering where my SATA ports are ?

Associate
OP
Combat squirrel said:
IV got this board, and 6800AGP Leadtek card, I solved it by removing the plastic from around the heatsink (which stops air flow anyways !) and now it fits

man, your a god!

thanks so much

HOWEVER, can anyone point me in some direction for removing the leadtek heatsink area stuff, looks really complecated.

Soldato
Slenpree said:
man, your a god!

thanks so much

HOWEVER, can anyone point me in some direction for removing the leadtek heatsink area stuff, looks really complecated.

Yes yes I am, :p however it wouldnt fit with 'normal' sata cables, and will require you to remove 4 of the copper fins, it does 'just' fit with the smaller type

Soldato
Slenpree said:
Hum, i contacted epox and they want me to show images so i've sent them some.

They said the most they could do is provide smaller SATA cables

This is crazy, the AGP 6800GT was already availiable when this mobo was released. And it's common for powerful systems such as this to have a SATA drive.

This isn't up to standard for ePoX.

LMAO, you're nicking my points again mate?

Just list em in the order I gave you :p lol

Also, if ya want I can see if I can help you with CombatSquirrels heatsink modification, I have some metal clippers etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom