• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can I and is it safe too...

Permabanned
I have an Amd 3000+ 64 bit

Its at defualt setting and Multiplier is x9 so its at the stock speed of 1.8ghz

Can I change the multiplier to 10x? Is it safe?

Im on the Asrock 939 Dual Motherboard.

;)

Soldato
Yep, the only unlocked chips are the FX chips but they command silly amounts of cash (having said that though if I had the money I'd be tempted!)

The 3000+ is a good clocker, particularly if you've got the Venice core. Start off by putting your ram on a 166 divider, reducing your HT multiplier to 4x (or the speed to 800MHz) and increase the HTT speed

Permabanned
OP
The problem is in bios I have these options :

Cpu Multiplier
Voltage (Up to 1.450)
Oc'ing mode : PCI-E SYNC, PCI-E ASYNC and Auto (Which is nothing)
Do I have to touch ram settings aswell to overclock the Cpu

As I did just change it to Pci-e Async voltage to 1.450v and Left multiplier to x9
Changed the fsb or whatever to 244
Got around 2.2ghz

Therefore do i need to touch the ram as you said , also is the "Fsb or whatever" which is at 244 the HTT

Soldato
The only reason that I mentioned the ram is that if you leave the ram at default (200Mhz) then it will overclock with your HTT. The HTT is the "FSB or whatever" that you're referring to

With your HTT @ 244MHz and your ram set in BIOS to DDR400 it will actually be running at 244MHz. This is quite an overclock for standard PC3200 ram. Your ram could limit any possible overclock, which is why I suggested changing it to 166MHz to slow it down and take it out of the equation

Back
Top Bottom