• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1.2 Thunderbird overclock

Caporegime
What sort of overclock would i get from this chip with a decent board. Im not sure which version it is (i think there are 2). Im just wondering about using it for a bit of fun as at the moment ist lying around not being used. if its no good ill sell it or stick it in a HTPC or something.

Soldato
Depending on what chip you've got it may or may not be multiplier locked. Even if it is you can easily unlock it

I had an early unlocked TBird 1Ghz (100fsb) which clocked to 1.2 (12x100) on stock volts completely stable. This was on an ancient early KT133 based board (ABit NF7 IIRC). Couldn't get it any higher though - the machine wouldn't post. Can't remember the stepping but it definitely wasn't one of the fabled AXIA chips. The chip is still going strong (6 years down the line) in my Dad's board. Different board though as the A-Bit went up in smoke :o

It wasn't stable much about about 110fsb either (partly due to the chipset and partly due to the ram)

You're right about there being two main versions - one on the 100fsb and one on the 133fsb

Back
Top Bottom