The best place to buy your phone?

Soldato
Just spoke to Vodafone, and they want £140 to upgrade to a Motrola V3X, so I told them to get stuffed. I don't really care if I lose my number but obviously if I switch to another network I can migrate.

Can anyone reccomend a shop that's cheap/good?

Also, what's the second best tariff bar vodafone?

Cheers,

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Your link doesn't work.

I'm going for style tbh. I want something that merges style and gadget.

There's a reason the link doesn't work. It's filtered due to being an affiliate site that was being used by members here to make money

Try that. Wouldn't get any 18 month contract and wouldnt go fo the V3x, its big ulgy and not that great to use. I think if you want a phone like that even a moto then you would be better of with the V3i.

Soldato
OP
Spamalot said:
Removed

Try that. Wouldn't get any 18 month contract and wouldnt go fo the V3x, its big ulgy and not that great to use. I think if you want a phone like that even a moto then you would be better of with the V3i.

Thanks for that site.

Well in that case, is there a better flip phone you'd recommend? I don't think the V3X is big and ugly though.

The V3i lacks features... such as 3g/sky tv support etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK there's no way I'm getting it now. Just read lots of reviews.

The Samsung Z540 is apparently a superior version of the V3x and is "almost" identical! The thing is I've no idea when that's coming out!

Last edited:
Associate
stay away from 18 month contracts, they are evil!

best bet is to go and try some phones out. they may look good to you online, but you mighthate it when it arrives, so just pop to the high street and try a few.

Associate
I would stronly suggest AGINST Phones4u, just had a very nasty experience with them.

The salesman tells me offpeak calls (for my contract) were from 6pm-6am. Which is what i actually asked for. I signed the contract based on this opinion.

I then only used my phone in offpeak periods to get a massive bill of £75, then to be told offpeak are from 7pm-7am. The final insult is when Phones4u tell me they cant do ANYTHING about it, even tho i signed the contract based upon what i was told. Nasty, now im stuck with a contract that isnt what i want.

If you get phones from a retail outlet, please skip phones4u !!!!

I make this statment based upon my own opinions !

-Vinny-

Soldato
on Vodafone you still get to upgrade at month 16 on an 18 monther, plus the warranty for the phone will extend to it aswell (I hear some networks dont do this)

Soldato
OP
This is what I'm prob going for...

Samsung Z500 at £25/month for 12 months. £40 one off payment. Direct from Vodafone.

I didn't like the look on Voda's site, but a mate has a newish Samsung and the build quality is great.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tommy B said:
This is what I'm prob going for...

Samsung Z500 at £25/month for 12 months. £40 one off payment. Direct from Vodafone.

I didn't like the look on Voda's site, but a mate has a newish Samsung and the build quality is great.

Why are you going to do that, its a rubbish deal on an average phone (that you have to pay for :eek: )

Better Z500 deal- cut and paste

http://www.onestopphoneshop.com/index.php?&B[0][next][0]=&B[0][make]=Samsung&B[0][handsetcode]=ORAZ500

sort of thing I would go for- cut and paste

http://www.onestopphoneshop.com/index.php?&B[0][next][0]=&B[0][tariff]=P1000&B[0][handsetcode]=ORAW800ICLE&B[0][giftcode]=N11MF&banner=deal5

Last edited:
Permabanned
Vinny1511 said:
I would stronly suggest AGINST Phones4u, just had a very nasty experience with them.

The salesman tells me offpeak calls (for my contract) were from 6pm-6am. Which is what i actually asked for. I signed the contract based on this opinion.

I then only used my phone in offpeak periods to get a massive bill of £75, then to be told offpeak are from 7pm-7am. The final insult is when Phones4u tell me they cant do ANYTHING about it, even tho i signed the contract based upon what i was told. Nasty, now im stuck with a contract that isnt what i want.

If you get phones from a retail outlet, please skip phones4u !!!!

I make this statment based upon my own opinions !

-Vinny-

Get trading standards involved then, you shouldnt lie down and just take that.

Back
Top Bottom