• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800gtx ee to 1900xtx thanks gibbo

Associate
well just installed the 1900xtx and very impressed with the good speed boost in most games tested and the quality is a lot clearer.
Only game having trouble with is legends racing game.
thanks for the advise from everyone over the last couple of weeks.
some benchies for how is bothered.
first column nvida 7800gtx ee 256mb second xt1900xtx.

3d 2001 29811 31272
3d 2003 17996 18692
3d 2005 8430 11512
3d 2006 4236 5151

fear min 49 53
avg 84 97
max 172 206

fx55
2gb ocz 3200
x-fi music
x1900xtx
a8n32 sli

one last note the a8n32 sli has many issues be advised to keep away ,booting problems, blue screens etc.

Soldato
sden said:
well just installed the 1900xtx and very impressed ... and the quality is a lot clearer

Any side-by-side sreenies to confirm this?

I've heard a lot of people saying that the current 1900 series has 'way better quality', but none of the reviews seem to show this. :confused:

Either way - enjoy the new card you jammy get! :p

Associate
Duff-Man said:
I've heard a lot of people saying that the current 1900 series has 'way better quality', but none of the reviews seem to show this. :confused:

I think my x1800xt has a lot better picture quality than 7800gtx 256mb. I friend of me got the 7800gtx, and while benching 3dmark 05 at standard settings, it's clearly a lot better image quality with my x1800xt. But I haven't tested both cards with the same screen though...

Nickg said:
thats a lot of money spent for 10-15% increase!

Agreed, I really can't see the justification in upgrading if you already own a 1800xt/gtx at the moment, I just don't feel that the increase in performance is enougth to warrant the amount of money being outlaid, if your running above 1280x1024 then maybie but otherwise I would wait until next gen, even then tho we are so cpu limited these days I wondering what type of performance increase we gonna get when we wack a g80 in our systems, I just hope Amd/Intel come out with some blinding cpu's by then, What happen'd to the physix card, is that even still comiing out ?.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Yeh i think BFG has one and is going to be out pretty soon.

I really dont believe this ATi has better quality than Nvidia stuff. Comparying my 7800GT to my friends x1800XT and a x800XT PE on the same monitor i cant tell the slightest difference at all and niether can my friends!

Associate
lowrider007 said:
Agreed, I really can't see the justification in upgrading if you already own a 1800xt/gtx at the moment, I just don't feel that the increase in performance is enougth to warrant the amount of money being outlaid, if your running above 1280x1024 then maybie but otherwise I would wait until next gen, even then tho we are so cpu limited these days I wondering what type of performance increase we gonna get when we wack a g80 in our systems, I just hope Amd/Intel come out with some blinding cpu's by then, What happen'd to the physix card, is that even still comiing out ?.

I especially see a lot of difference in canyon flight during 3dmark 05. The water and all seems a lot better. I had a 6600gt earlier, and I can see great improvements. And as said earlier, I think it's a lot better than 7800gtx, but I haven't checked both on the same screen...

Soldato
Xez said:
Yeh i think BFG has one and is going to be out pretty soon.

I really dont believe this ATi has better quality than Nvidia stuff. Comparying my 7800GT to my friends x1800XT and a x800XT PE on the same monitor i cant tell the slightest difference at all and niether can my friends!

Have you checked your eyesight recently ? :)

egt

egt

Associate
ACESHIGH said:
Have you checked your eyesight recently ? :)

Have you checked your ati biased posts recently?

As already requested in this thread, we need proof of ati's better IQ.

Last edited:
Soldato
egt said:
Have you checked your ati biased posts recently?

rofl i like it

bit of a waste of money imo that upgrade you must be loaded or carnt stand the fact that other ppl have better things

either way i know what i would have done with the cash and it involves a lot of jd, women and a dance floor,... you guessed it me ko'ed on the dancefloor with some bird kicking me in the nuts and my jd spilt all down my top :p

Back
Top Bottom