New Opty 146

Associate
So I finally got round to replacing my ageing Opteron 146 CABNE 0545 with a brand new Opteron 146 CACJE O604 as the CABNE got stuck at 2.75. Booted this one up to 2.75 first time and then onto 3Ghz with only 1.45V. Havent got screenies yet but have run 3 hours prime and superpi 32m as ive only had it since this morning :) Will prime overnight and hopefully push this chip to 3.1 maybe 3.2 with a bit more voltage. Screenies to come.

Associate
I currently have an Athlon 64 3500+ Winnie, and am wondering would it be better to get one of these and oc them or just get a dual core. My setup is 2gb of Geil Value ram, Epox 9NPA+SLI mobo with a Leadtek 7800GT, Hiper 480watt psu couple of hard drives and optical writers and an X-Fi.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Jack Bauer said:
You said before you where get temperatures of 40C. Is that on air or water cooled. Was hoping to see a simlar OC but if you are using water....

apex ultra water cooled. priming at the mo, should know by the morning if this is enough voltage. Prime crashed after 4 hours at 1.45 volts while i was at lectures which sucked i though it would be ok after passing 3 hours beforehand. Using 1.488 Volts at the moment. My motherboard temp probe is bugged it reads anything from 28 degrees under load to 48 under load. Cant be relied upon. An actual temp probe shoved under part of the waterblock reads 33 degrees under load so i imagine the actual reading is not far off this. Hope its stable at 3, fingers crossed.

Associate
OP

ended up needing quite a bit more voltage to be stable. boots with 1.45 though but dies after about 4 hrs of prime. gonna see what it tops out at with 1.52 now though i dont think its got a lot of headroom though.

Back
Top Bottom