A8n32SLI, just about to set it up - queries...

Associate
Just got this and I'm looking for advice.

I intend to use my Antec 480 20 pin ATX PSU, in the manula it mentions if using a 20 pin you should use the "easy plug". Does this mean I can connect the 20 pin connector WITHOUT using a 20-24 pin adaptor > If so, how do I do this as there is no instructions in the manual. Also, which LAN port is the Nforce one - the manual has both listed as Marvell on the backplane diagram :confused:

Are there any "gotchas" waiting in the wings with this board's setup ? I have read the official sticky for the board but my worry is the same as it is for any new rig - set it up, install XP etc, then you're faced with the "what drivers" - the ones on the CD or the latest ones.

Thanks for looking, hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be posting back from a sweetly running setup (fingers crossed).

mj

Associate
in the manula it mentions if using a 20 pin you should use the "easy plug". Does this mean I can connect the 20 pin connector WITHOUT using a 20-24 pin adaptor
Nope, you'll have to use an adaptor. According to the manual, under "specifications summary" in "power requirements" it says, "ASUS EZ Plug (When using two graphics cards and a 20-pin ATX PSU or, if the two graphics cards do not have auxiliary power.)". In other words the EZ Plug is there to aid power supply to graphics cards in certain situations.

then you're faced with the "what drivers" - the ones on the CD or the latest ones.
I'd install the drivers from the CD to get you going, then look at any newer drivers afterwards.

ray

ray

Associate
Hi there,

My build went pretty smooth with no major problems at all. The only minor problem I got was I connected the CPU fan to a fan controller rather than the motherboard header which caused an error message during bootup telling me the fan had failed. All I needed to do was to disable the fan monitoring function in the BIOS.

I had installed the latest chipset drivers from Nvidia's site without any problems. I read some users had problems with Nvidia's IDE drivers so I just kept on using Microsoft's own ones.

Good luck with the install!

Associate
OP
Thanks for that guys, I got a bit side tracked with another PC (one I put together for someone last week - the power button jammed :) and I had to take the panel and switch apart - cheap cases ! ).

I'm just about to decommission this rig and give it some new legs. I think I've got everythign set, I've got a 20-24 pin adaptor so I'll be using that along with the EZ Plug just in case.

Hopefully my next post will be to report a hassle free switch.

regards
mj

Back
Top Bottom