Best gpu waterblock

Associate
what is the best gpu water block i have got 1 nv78 but i need the sli kit as i have 2 gtx cards.

Im goin to sell the one block i have but what block is better 2 nv78 or 2 low profile maze blocks with ram sinks

Associate
TBH full cover blocks are a bit of a gimmick. DDR3 on cards give off very little heat, and so a full cover will just be adding unnecessary restriction. Most of the heat they give off will come via the core, so a decently cooled GPU is usually sufficient, with ram sinks if you wish, but I have never really seen conclusive evidence they have done much (certainly did jack for mine ;))

2 X Maze 4's, or if you can get em silverprops are damn nice blocks too, would be a great solution, maximising flow which is important with a multi block loop :)

Associate
OP
shadydelboy said:
Pelts = TEC's, which = no no, unless you have a seperate PSU for it, a lot of know how and some big balls :)

Just the normal maze 4 :)

im scared of breaking my comp just to put watercooling on £370 just for one graphic card :eek: cant afford to replace

Dont want to make it to hard for my self

Permabanned
gary996 said:
get a couple of silverprop HlL blocks makesure you get the Nvidia brackets for them. Easy to fit and will work a treat

They work nice, but i dont think they are easy to fit. nuts and bolts are fiddly.

easier when threaded bar just comes out of the block. can just slide the gfx card onto it then

Soldato
There are no tests to say what blocks are the best but you cant go wrong with the Silverprop, Maze 4. or Mp-1, the quality of finishing on early batches of the new Swiftech waterblock looked poor.

Blocks that cool the ram are a waste of time IMO. As said above. GDDR3 does not need watercooling, and they just add an extra restriction to the loop.

Associate
I reakonmend the maze 4 gpu block, i dont have my ram cooled on my x800xl and its all aight. The dangerden 'cover your whole card' block really is so heavy and water doesnt actually pass over the back of the card anyway so that rams always gonna be passivly cooled.

Associate
OP
how did you fit a zalman on your expert i have the zalman just cant get it to fit

I love the 2 loops you got i want to do watercooling just aint got the guts to touch my graphic cards. I aint got the room in my system is it better to do summot like a radbox

Soldato
kinggost said:
how did you fit a zalman on your expert i have the zalman just cant get it to fit

I love the 2 loops you got i want to do watercooling just aint got the guts to touch my graphic cards. I aint got the room in my system is it better to do summot like a radbox

I had to try it in a few orientations to get it to fit but its stock, not bent, not ground down so it does fit. It's touching the card but only at another heatsink.

Try copying it this way..

DSC00195.jpg

I would imagine its easier to do a radbox but you musthave room, I have one of the smaller cases (lian li pc65)..

anyway, come sunday 1 loop is going.. got a vapochill :D

Associate
OP
oh yeh you got the vapochill of that site didnt ya what you pay for it

i kno what i want for my set up. I want to do 2 loops but cant afford it girlfriend got a baby. Do you think the nb waterblock from swiftech will fit. Im going to get

swiftech storm cpu
maze chipset block or swiftech mc30 think the moel number is
maze 4 low proile blocks sli kit
dd5 pump
tygon 1/2" r603 tubeing
pa120.3 rad
thermothue 10" res

Probley going to build a radbox for all this aint got the room in my case. Any one think diff bout the watercooling setup. One last thing what gtx you got mat100

Soldato
kinggost said:
oh yeh you got the vapochill of that site didnt ya what you pay for it

i kno what i want for my set up. I want to do 2 loops but cant afford it girlfriend got a baby. Do you think the nb waterblock from swiftech will fit. Im going to get

swiftech storm cpu
maze chipset block or swiftech mc30 think the moel number is
maze 4 low proile blocks sli kit
dd5 pump
tygon 1/2" r603 tubeing
pa120.3 rad
thermothue 10" res

Probley going to build a radbox for all this aint got the room in my case. Any one think diff bout the watercooling setup. One last thing what gtx you got mat100

£255 for the vapo

swiftech mcw30 is on their website saying fully compatible with dfi expert

Maze 4 chipset block IS NOT compatible, I bought one, it just fits but it fouls the top gfx card quite badly

rest of that setup looks fine.

I have 2 ocuk gtxs as they were cheapest at the time and I knew I was going to clock the nuts off them, they line up very nicely with things like the XFX ones, have them running 490/1.31 24-7 and about 515/1.35 for benchies :D

What case do you gave that is so hard to work with?

Associate
OP
matt100 said:
swiftech mcw30 is on their website saying fully compatible with dfi expert

is it compatable with sli as well tho

Maze 4 chipset block IS NOT compatible, I bought one, it just fits but it fouls the top gfx card quite badly

Is there any other blockes that worth looking at apart from the mcw30

I have 2 ocuk gtxs as they were cheapest at the time and I knew I was going to clock the nuts off them, they line up very nicely with things like the XFX ones, have them running 490/1.31 24-7 and about 515/1.35 for benchies :D

Nice but suppose at the end of the day xfx ones are the same apart from the sticker. I cant get my xfx cards past 520/1300.

What case do you gave that is so hard to work with

The case i got is amazing and great to work with just i got no room in it. I got a lian li 1000+ black.

Soldato
yes the mcw30 is compatible with 2 cards in sli, at least it looks like it is because it's much smaller than the maze 4 and it does say on their site FULLY compatible, makes quite a point of it.

There are other blocks I believe but they were aimed at the sli dr so they are ultra ultra low profile and look like flow restrictors to me, also why would you want anything other than swiftech? I love their stuff, the only thing that stopped me having their gfx blocks was that they were push fit but I think they've addressed that now too.

And dude, if you can't get a water kit in a V1000 you shouldn't try, a) it's loads bigger than what I have 2 loops in and b) it'd look daft with a radbox underneath.

Get decent tubing r603 tygon, danger den clearflex or xspc like I have and the turns you can pull off are amazing.

Also if you think.. bayres, small pump and a 120.2 or pa160 rad installed in the case (cut a hole in the top of it for a 120.2 easily) and all the blocks on the motherboard, what exactly is going to be easier using a radbox?

Any help you need just shout, there's loads of people on here will help you. An awesome PC spec like you have deserves awesome cooling ;)

Back
Top Bottom