Lian Li PC65 -120mm fans possible ?

Associate
Hi guys, Just wondered is it actually possible to mount any 120mm fans in a lian li pc6X ?

The top mounting are obvious, but what about if you remove the h/d cage and dremmel some space ?

Any pics of any previously modded Lian li pc6X would be cool !

Cheers in advance,

-Vinny-

Soldato
PC-6002

Before:

After:

Mounted the fan with some spacers to create a gap for the cables to keep the USB port in place.

Did the rear as well as the 6002 doesn't have a removable mobo tray:

Associate
OP
Looks nice m8, good job.

Am considering the same mod to mine, atm i have 3 deltas in case and there way to noisey even with akasa fan controller throttled right down !

the mod to the rear is defo do-able, but what do you guys think offers best cooling performance ? 2x80mm or 1x120mm ?

Also, any advice on good 80mm fans that push a reasonable amount of air but are fairly quiet ?

Thanks in advance, also if there are any other Lian Li pc6X owners that have any mods plz post pics !

-Vinny-

Soldato
I have one of the original PC60s. I have replaced all the Adda fans, the front ones are now YS-TECH FD128025LB SILENT 80mm fan - 3 Pin (FG-006-YS) and the rear 80mm is a Mechatronics 80mm at 7v (53cfm/39dba at 12v). I hacked up the front of the case which is fug-ugly, but has made a huge difference to air-flow. The PSU is an XPro 460W with the 120mm fan. There is no blow-hole. Case temps are poor because the incoming air goes straight into a radiator which then dumps all the removed heat from the cpu back into the case. That said, none of the rest of the system seems to care. The 80mm fan in the middle of that pic is resting on top of the graphics card! It is a Panaflo L1A and simply provides some direct air-flow over the Northbridge, the ram and the power regulators.

Back
Top Bottom