Which TFT? Choice of 3...

Soldato
I have been looking into getting a 19" TFT.

I have narrowed it down to these 3...

Samsung 930BF @ £235 delivered

AG Neovo F419 @ £180 delivered

BenQ FP91G+ @ £180 delivered

I do not know which one to pick! Ahh!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Chris

Man of Honour
The BenQ FP91G+ has a slightly different panel to the Samsung 930BF. Thye BenQ uses the same TN Film panel from AU Optronics as the Viewsonic VX912, VX924 and VX922. The BenQ model uses the older version without the heavy overdrive, and is rated at 8ms.

The Samsung 930BF uses a 4ms TN Film panel from Samsung, slightly faster in real use thanks to a large dose of overdrive to boost gret transitions. However, this leads to a little more noise in movie playback.

The Neovo F419 (R12) uses a 12ms TN Film panel. Not quite as fast as the other two, and not quite as responsive for gaming. However, viewing angles should be a little bit wider as these tended to decrease with the lowering of response times.

It depends what you're looking for, but the Samsung is an excellent model, very well priced and very popular right now :)

Associate
I've got the BenQ FP91G+, depends what you will be using the monitor for, i have the BenQ FP91G and the FP91G+, they both played games fine with no ghosting, and although a little bit bright, this can be adjusted realtively easily...

Permabanned
The Ag Neovo has superb reviews on the net. Look around.

12ms and 8ms are almost the same! Not much difference in what you see, if any. I would go for the Samsung if you 'just' play games but the AG Neovo is an 'all rounder' of a TFT.

Soldato
OP
I am an all round user, not much time for gaming at the moment.

I used to have a VX912 and loved it to bits so think I will go for the BENQ if it's effectively the same?

What's the build quality, warranty like? Also the VX912 has a neat cable routing design, does the BENQ have anything like this?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom