SN85G4 V3 - Graphics Card Recommendation Please.

Associate
I have a SN85G4 V3 with a 128mb 9800 Pro.

The 128 mb 9800 Pro is apparently the cause of my booting problem - according to shuttle. (apparently the 256mb 9800 pro works fine)

Can anyone recommend me a replacement card for this machine.

Obviously AGP, single slot.

Please help, I love the shuttle but its giving me serious grief :(

I'd like a card capable of playing Battlefield II at a nice speed/res - apart from that I have no real interest in up and coming games for the PC - the Xbox 360 took care of that.

cmt

cmt

Suspended
hiya matey,

bit off topic, but am looking at getting one of these to replace my SB75g2 (intel 3hz northwood). I have a 3400 clawhammer sat here so i would be putting that in it.

What are they like, any god. How quiet are they?

its either one of these or sell the cpu and go for a SN25P / SN26P

cheers

cmt

Associate
cmt - I have an SN85G4 v2, its really quiet as soon as you replace the fan to a low noise one (im currently running a Coolermaster 11db 80mm), a great system if you can get a silent or very queit gfx card :)

[SKR]Abe - I ran a 128mb 9800 Pro in my system for age and never experienced any problems.... i do have the Nforce3-150 chipset, not the 250 like you, so could be that. I'm currently running a 6800LE clocked to 6800 speeds, runs perfectly and neve rhad any probs. They are cheap, plus will play everything you chuck at them reasonably :)

megakid said:
Ive got a 6800GT in mine clocked to Ultra speeds - works fantasticly.

Whoa.. nice one!

I received a 6800GS (overclocked, BFG) from OcUK yesterday and I plan to fit it into my Shuttle SB61G2.. again from OcUK. It said on the side of the box that the minimum PSU is 350W, but my Shuttle's PSU is only 250W. Am I taking a serious gamble here?

Soldato
Monserrat said:
Whoa.. nice one!

I received a 6800GS (overclocked, BFG) from OcUK yesterday and I plan to fit it into my Shuttle SB61G2.. again from OcUK. It said on the side of the box that the minimum PSU is 350W, but my Shuttle's PSU is only 250W. Am I taking a serious gamble here?

no gamble at all, should work fine with the PSU :)

a rule i follow when building shuttles, if it fits inside the case, the psu can power it

Soldato
Steeps said:
no gamble at all, should work fine with the PSU :)

a rule i follow when building shuttles, if it fits inside the case, the psu can power it

seconded. i used to run my SN85G4V3 with X800pro VIVO (at XT PE speeds) on a 200watt psu flawlessly :)

Back
Top Bottom