computer wont boot after oc

Soldato
hey

Right i just literally built my rig (in sig) about 4 hours ago and just installed all the utilities on the mobo disk, namely AI ***. This program lets you adjust fan speeds, volts, timings and mhz of your CPU, GPU etc. Now me being me i couldnt help myself having a fiddle and now its all gone abit wrong :(

In the AI *** i changed the 3200+ from 2ghz to 2.3ghz in windows. Now when i changed it the system was running fine and no problems what so ever. Then i decided to put the settings back to 2ghz as i didnt really need to overclock my system just yet. Now i tried changing the cpu speed back to 2ghz in windows but immediatly after i clicked apply the system just locked up completly. I restarted it using the case restart button and tried a few more times but still locked up when i tried to put the clock back to default.

Now when i try to boot up the pc starts fine except my monitor just says " no input signal" and i dont know whats going on. I only had it at 2.3ghz for literally 5 minutes so i dont think i have damaged the cpu :confused:

The mobo is supposed to have some sort of crashbios which if the system becomes unstable after a change to the bios it resets itself automatically. Although the last time i went into the bios the cpu speed still read 2300mhz and i cant lower it any in the bios.

im cacking my pants here, anyone know whats going on?

cheers :(

Associate
Most likely all you need to do is reset the CMOS, (I've had this problem before with overclocking and a simple clear CMOS operarion fixed it for me many times). Look at the manual for your motherboard and find the location of the clear CMOS jumper. Once the CMOS is cleared, all settings will be returned to their defaults and everything should be fine.

Associate
CaNNoN_1981 said:
Little tip for the future too, ALWAYS overclock in bios, NEVER overclock in windows, things just go wrong when ya oc in windows.

couldnt agree more.

reset the CMOS and overclock from the BIOS. if you still get no signal on the monitor remove the gfx and re-seat it.

King.

Back
Top Bottom