For Sale: Xbox 360 box - Core System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
Do you think I should list it and try to disguise it as an auction for just a box to push the price up, and then when they buy it... BAM! They find it's got an XBOX inside!

Or would that be too cruel?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
imagine if that happened to you? you think you've bought just a box, when actually you've bought a console. that'd make my day if that happened to me!

Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
Do you think I should list it and try to disguise it as an auction for just a box to push the price up, and then when they buy it... BAM! They find it's got an XBOX inside!

Or would that be too cruel?
Id be sick if that happened to me as I want it for my nephew. He's wanted a box for years & if I could get him an Xbox box he'd be the most popular kid in the street. If his mates found out it had a games console in it they'd all laugh at him.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
OP
JohnnyG said:
Id be sick if that happened to me as I want it for my nephew. He's wanted a box for years & if I could get him an Xbox box he'd be the most popular kid in the street. If his mates found out it had a games console in it they'd all laugh at him.

How many times have you splashed out on an expensive gift for a kid and they end up playing with the box?

It's high time this market was exploited.

Permabanned
What a nice person you are :rolleyes:
You are honestly going to sell an empty box to someone for £70 :mad:
Well congratulations for making someone feel extremely hurt, upset and used, but hey you got your £70 so what do you care !

And YES you deliberately made your auction misleading which technically makes it FRAUD (I shall be contacting your local police by phone with your details because of this)
When people read Xbox360 BOX, they assume that this means they are JUST getting the CONSOLE without any leads/pads/games....etc
You knew this and played on it..
Also your buy-it-now price clearly indicates that you are trying to deceive people about what they are actually bidding on/buying...
All the above points show that your were out to commit fraud intentionally and your going to have a very hard time defending yourself in court should it go that far.

But hey you made a quick buck (£70) but was that really worth it ? Considering you are now going to have your name and address reported and logged at your local police station??? Wasn't really worth it now was it?!?

Being the fair person I am you have 24 hours to prove to me that ''admiral-oatcakes'' is fully aware that he has paid £69.99 for a:
''Empty cardboard Box (Xbox360 Core System branded)'' <--- THAT is how your auction should have been titled!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Jeff Crawly said:
Well congratulations for making someone feel extremely hurt, upset and used, but hey you got your £70 so what do you care !

And YES you deliberately made your auction misleading which technically makes it FRAUD
Misrepresentation of goods, to be strictly accurate.

Jeff Crawly said:
(I shall be contacting your local police by phone with your details because of this)
Umm - how are yougoing to obtain his contact details? I believe the Tru owns the patent on IntarWebSleuth™, which makes you SOL.
Jeff Crawly said:
As I stated before, short of beating the buyer over the head with a stick saying "There is no console in the box, you crapulous, fecund half-wit", there is little more than he could have put in the auction to say what it was.

You are either:

1. A troll of the highest order, to whom I doff my cap - you mastery of the artform is unsurpassed,
  2. A keyboard warrior of such utter pomposity that Steve Fawcett is looking to you to power his next balloon trip with all the hot air and bluster you spew, or
  3. Missing the point by a parsec or two.

Permabanned
Tru said:
Your comments have been noted, laughed at, and disregarded out of hand.

Let me know if you want me to email you my name, address and local police station phone number.

No need, ebay have already supplied me with your details ;)

Caporegime
Jeff Crawly said:
And to that, I say . . . Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Tru would have been notified if you had requested his details, and you would have had to have won the item yourself (or a previous item that he had sold).

Thanks heavens for the DPA.

Any more barefaced lies?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Jeff Crawly said:

ahaha. im sure they have. ebay just told me that you're a crap troll, and also a total n00b to boot. how d'ya like them apples?

Man of Honour
Jeff Crawly said:

And YES you deliberately made your auction misleading which technically makes it FRAUD (I shall be contacting your local police by phone with your details because of this)
When people read Xbox360 BOX, they assume that this means they are JUST getting the CONSOLE without any leads/pads/games....etc
You knew this and played on it..
Also your buy-it-now price clearly indicates that you are trying to deceive people about what they are actually bidding on/buying...
All the above points show that your were out to commit fraud intentionally and your going to have a very hard time defending yourself in court should it go that far.

But hey you made a quick buck (£70) but was that really worth it ? Considering you are now going to have your name and address reported and logged at your local police station??? Wasn't really worth it now was it?!?

Being the fair person I am you have 24 hours to prove to me that ''admiral-oatcakes'' is fully aware that he has paid £69.99 for a:
''Empty cardboard Box (Xbox360 Core System branded)'' <--- THAT is how your auction should have been titled!!
You go girlfriend:)

Soldato
Sic said:
ahaha. im sure they have. ebay just told me that you're a crap troll, and also a total n00b to boot. how d'ya like them apples?

hahahahahahaha :p

Why doesnt this thread have some stars yet?

It was blatantly clear what he was selling, and it only had a buy now price because some muppet had the first one stopped.

Associate
"box"
n.

1) A container typically constructed with four sides perpendicular to the base and often having a lid or cover.
2) The amount or quantity that such a container can hold.

Your listing title should clearly refer to an "EMPTY BOX"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom